Carver water heater - help - need a shower

Paula

carver heater seems to be on the blink and friends need a shower tonight.

Got a problem right now with the carver heater - on gas.

It isn't working for some reason. Typical this happens when a friend is using it. First day out too - so we know gas and water full.

Talked them through the switching arrangements on phone

Switched to van
and int pump
checked gas turned on and they even put new bottle on

no little green light appears when you press the button and no hot water either obviously.

Mains hook up switch is off

anyone got any ideas.
Could it be a fuse and if so where on earth do I tell them to look to change it!
help
Paula

PS do I need to put more info or anything?

Last edited by a moderator:
tell you friends to go for a dip in the sea,river or lake whatever they are near.
sorry thats all the advice i can give.
tony

mmmmmmmmm - I didnt recall there was one. hmmmm - must get the pics out to see if this is the same. I am not in the van you see - it is friends who are ringing me.

Where is it ? can you see it on the panel ???

Red button - should be on the end of the carver heater - not the control panel. Not sure if it has any effect on gas operation but it's worth a try?

Very sorry not to have replied to this before - I forgot.

Ours is an old van - we dont have fancy centreal heating system - or blower heater. No reset button.

Anyway thanks for all your help and support. We had to go down to Ilfracombe where they were staying and found it was a fuse.
There was actually a spare one in the van too.

Never mind - it was a nice drive out and we sat and had fish and chips on the harbour wall watching the world go by and the tide come in - or was it out :)
Thanks again everyone.

Paula

'Never mind - it was a nice drive out and we sat and had fish and chips on the harbour wall watching the world go by'

And that is exactly why we all like wild camping :D

Glad you got it all sorted in the end. In my (limited) experience it is always something small like a fuse.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back