Carlock - vehicle tracker, alarm and vibration sensor

sludgesurfer

I've had one of these for a year. £35 initially and then £79 for a year subscription (after the 4 week trial period ends) and I'm pretty impressed with it. It's a DIY system so I doubt insurers will consider it but for me, parking my van on the streets of Glasgow outside my flat, its given me piece of mind with the knowledge that if anyone breaks into the van, I'll wake up with the alarm, see it and call the police.

The device attaches to any battery. Its pretty small and slim. There's also an OBD port version. Battery drain is negligible.
You get a very loud notification on your phone if it senses vibration, change in battery voltage or movement outside of a certain perimeter.
I had mine on the leisure battery and was getting a number of false indications when the solar panel was charging the battery so I had to disable the battery voltage alarm feature.
Whilst the vibration sensor is pretty sensitive. (It goes off if someone opens the hab door) they have brought out a small tab which communicates by Bluetooth to the main device and can be attached to a location separate to the main device. These are currently out if stock but I plan on getting one when they're back in stock.

All in all a decent system and cheaper than many if the alternatives.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back