Carbon Monoxide

We've got 2 CO monitors in the house & one in the van. The one in the van is on the ceiling by the door very close to the hob. Every time we use the hob (always have at least the roof vent open) it starts going off. I thought this was a little over the top so we now crack open the window behind the hob as well & it stays quiet. Over the top or not, it's obviously doing it's job.

My CO monitor has been going off when we're on a busy motorway! :eek:

I use to fit stoves for a living my son still does, you would amazed at the number of people that don't have one and those that do have them placed wrongly like in the kitchen draw true! In the house they should be fitted on the wall from one to three meters left or right from the fire or stove and six inches down from the ceiling, not on the mantel piece or sideboard or any other place you will die before it goes of be warned.

Despite the aspect ratio, the message seems clear. Get a CO monitor and don't leave in its box in a draw. Especially if you sleep with the heater or boiler on. If it goes off it's telling you something!

Richard

The one in the van is on the ceiling by the door very close to the hob. Every time we use the hob (always have at least the roof vent open) it starts going off. .
Is it a combined smoke/co monitor?, we have a combined one in the van which goes off on a regular basis but it is the smoke side of it, I tell campers next to us it is my Wife's kitchen timer

we had a co monitor in our van and that only went off as they say when we used the hob .we had a calor cabinet type heater when we lived in the van and no matter how long we used that the alarm never sounded ,there was also a digital read out ppm ,it used to go off the scale with hob use but not with the calor heater used to stay in single figures not worth bothering with at that level .many other motor home users we have talked to also reported the same with hobs ,especialy when using pans /kettles ie cooking

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back