Carado EBL and lithium

alwaysared

My mate has a Carado coachbuilt with the normal Hymer EBL with two settings on it for charging the leisure battery which are lead or AGM and he's asked me if either setting will charge a Fogstar lithium battery. I think the AGM setting will work but I thought I'd ask on here because their people on here with more experience than me :unsure:

Regards,
Del

Hymer use Schaudt EBL systems, if he gets the number of the EBL he can check the charge program on the Schaudt website and compare it to the Fogstar requirements.

Mine has lead or gel, is he certain it says AGM?

I know the gel settings will usually fit but you don’t want it going to float, I ‘thought’ the AGM programs were wrong but don’t take that as being right, check the Schaudt manual and the Fogstar spec sheet.

In any event I only used my gel setting until I bought a proper charger for Lifepo4.

It's a Schaudt EBL 119

EBL 119.png

Regards,
Del

That picture shows AGM or Gel, 🤔
Mine is a EBL99 which is lead acid or Gel

That picture shows AGM or Gel, 🤔
Mine is a EBL99 which is lead acid or Gel
That's what fooled me when he asked me, I looked at the one I've got for you but I've now asked him the EBL number and he came back with EBL 119 (y)

Regards,
Del

Use the gel setting but knock breaker out when it gets to float, that’s what I did until I upgraded 👍

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back