Car Ferries to the Channel Islands?

zen navigator

My google search threw just one condorferries. Couldnt find a price plan and do they take Motorhome up to 3m high, 7m long?

Any one recently been to the Channels Islands?

Dave

Channel Islands

My google search threw just one condorferries. Couldnt find a price plan and do they take Motorhome up to 3m high, 7m long?
Any one recently been to the Channels Islands?
Dave
Hi Dave,
Some years ago I triede to get overthere. (from France that is )
This was the result:
JERSEY
Caravans / motorhomes can only be accommodated on the following sites for a maximum of one month.
Beuvelande 01534 853575,
Rose Farm 01534 741231
Rozel Camp Site 01534 855200.
TYPE OF UNIT/SIZE
WIDTH: Towed caravan including the towing vehicle or motorhome 2.3m (this includes any fitting on or attached to the vehicle but excludes mirrors and indicators).
LENGTH OF COMBINATION:
Caravans and motorhomes can travel on the fast ferry if their unit is 6.5m or less (this must include the A-frame of the caravans). Otherwise, the larger units will need to travel on the conventional ferry.
CIRCULATION ON ISLAND
Special dispensation has been given allowing motorhomes to circulate on the island on a daily basis but MUST return to the designated campsite each night. (Drivers should be aware that many of Jersey’s roads are narrow and may have limited access).
Cars used for towing caravans may be used in the normal way on the Islands roads
DISPLAY OF PERMIT
The permit must be displayed in the window of the unit clearly showing the dates for which the permit is valid.
OWNERSHIP/INSURANCE
Full third party insurance must be in force for the full duration of the stay and documents proving ownership must be carried.
SEWAGE
Drive over greywater waste drain available on site.
(PLEASE NOTE: JERSEY CAMPSITES DO NOT CURRENTLY HAVE “DRIVE OVER” DRAINS FOR BLACKWATER SEWAGE).
GUERNSEY
Motorhomes may be brought into Guernsey provided that the vehicles are not used at any time for human habitation and are stored under cover (garage or enclosed outbuilding) when not being driven on the island’s roads.
Trailer Caravans are not permitted.
Permission is not required to bring a trailer tent into the Island.
No motorised traffic allowed on Sark and Alderney.

My advice: DON'T GO :eek: Hop over, but don't bring your MH along.
Yours,
Leo

Hi Dave

Travelled to St Malo from Weymouth via Jersey and Gernsey in April. I have a Tribute 665, based on a long wheel base Ducato 6m in length and about 2.7m high. It was a tight squeeze!

Regards

Hi zen navigator

Belgian is correct - take his advice. It is a waste of time taking a motorhome to Guernsey just to hide it away, hire a car and book a guest house or buy a tent but NO wild camping.

Guernsey Donkey

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back