Cant connect to WIFI two feet from the router. That is a FTTP fibre 150 meg router.

Borders2

I've had TT for many years now but this is a first. £360 that just don't work out the box. As for the "support" as in what support? Everything I find referring to wifi says once connected.... ARGH I can't damn well connect. Oh, and the so called chat bot don't work, nor can I access TT services... we're having trouble accessing.... yes well so am I.

I think it may be time to dip a toe in to the world of Garmin. Because at this price I am feeling distinctly ripped off TT.

Is Garmin actually any better people or if not then what?

Can't comment on the Wifi aspect but as a GPS I find the Garmin a superior product to the Tomtom.

I have a Tomtom on my motorbike and just don't find it as user friendly as the Garmin in my car and van. A few years back I thought vice versa so it may well be that I am just so used to the Garmin functions now.

The Garmin tends to send me on fewer 'silly' routes as well, and Bluetooth connection to my earpiece inside the helmet work very well.

Can't comment on the Wifi aspect but as a GPS I find the Garmin a superior product to the Tomtom.

I have a Tomtom on my motorbike and just don't find it as user friendly as the Garmin in my car and van. A few years back I thought vice versa so it may well be that I am just so used to the Garmin functions now.

The Garmin tends to send me on fewer 'silly' routes as well, and Bluetooth connection to my earpiece inside the helmet work very well.
All my Garmins connect to wifi no problem, I got my Tom Tom Rider replaced as "not fit for purpose" when it first came out and promptly bought a Zumo, I don't really know why I bought the Tom Tom, I'd always used Garmin in the car and van and I wouldn't buy another Tom Tom product, but that's just me and I've always found Garmin's support better too.

Regards,
Del

I've got 2 TomTom sat navs and not had any trouble connecting to wifi, with a previous TomTom when I had a problem I found the customer service to be very helpful, they sent me a pre=paid box to send the sat nav to their service centre and repaired it free of charge even though it was out of warranty, they also loaded the latest map while they had it also without charge.

I have a couple of devices that don’t like being too close to the router.

Truckman just try and contact TT help now. I've also had success with them in the past but now, no phone and not even an email, oh and the chat bot sat and churned so obviously out of service too. Just pure rubbish service.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back