Can anyone Identify this camper model

roundisland

Hello to all...great site really enjoying reading! I live in Cornwall and I'm looking to buy a camper real soon, hopefully do some free camping too!

Can anyone identify this camper... which model it is? Talbot what?

45a2_1.JPG

It's a Talbot express I had one with a 2.5 Peugeot diesel engine and it was good on diesel.;)

Thanks Trevor, any idea what I should be paying for a J reg in good condition with very little rust 75,000miles on a diesel engine. has all usual stuff cooker, fridge etc all working.

many thanks

Thanks Trevor, any idea what I should be paying for a J reg in good condition with very little rust 75,000miles on a diesel engine. has all usual stuff cooker, fridge etc all working.

many thanks
Hi roundisland that is always a hard question to answer without actually seeing the van in person, and at the end of the day it's really your decision how much you want to pay and if you think it is worth it.
One thing I will say I have been to view vans because the photos looked good but on viewing the vans the were not that good. :)

Take a look at my post in this thread you will see a photo of three vans the one on right is my old Talbot.
Click Here

identify

It is a Talbot Express short wheel base........I had the long wheel base version way back about 1996 or so...maybe a bit later....certainley had all the goodies.....mines had a four hob burner ,grill, and oven......12v fridge etc etc.......done a South Coast tour in it......Glasgow, down to Southampton, New Forrest....(lovely place)....across to Portsmouth..(Victory and all the usual)......then down for two weeks in Devon....Torquay and surrounding......ahhhh, ill always remember it....weather was superb.....Only thing that went wrong was a wheel bearing broke on way down M6.....towed into wee place called Burton on .......somewhere, just off M6....part was there next a.m after we had spent a pleasant evening in local bar watching some Scotland game.......fitted and on our way by 11am ..all for £90.......
They were good reliable machines......spare parts were easy to get from any scrappies....(dunno about now tho)..........Price????....depends......minted???.......£4500 - 5000.....but you kanny put a price on enjoyment/freedom......so if you like it get it.....wurry about the rest later......lol........Get out there and enjoy!!!!!!!!

hi firstly welcome to wildcamping the best site about, as for the talbot express some parts are a bit thin on the ground now but all body parts are available at a reasonable price the thing to watch is the gear linkage difficulty in finding the gears but a repair kit is available at around 60 quid not too hard to fit.the engines are usually ok diesel or 2.0 litre petrol i still prefer petrol. beware of a non working heater in the cab as the early models are virtually unobtainable there is a guy in devon that deals in talbots he is great think he is called No1Gear.com but whatever you choose enjoy.

seems a bit rich to me too ,would have to be fully equipped and a minter to be worth anywhere near that mind you he had a bedford cf for 10k a few months back ?????

This looks like a good deal to me if this is what you are looking for, however did you notice this is the sellers first sale ,so no feedback:confused:.
You really need to view it and the seller before handing over the cash,have a good test drive and check all documents are in order, then if it feels right then go for it;) you should get a good five to ten years out of it:)

What Lenny says is good advice, do you know anyone that could check it over for you.
One thing to look for is if the gear stick is sloppy it's probably got a worn linkage, I replaced all mine before i sold it and it cost me around £200.
The inside is very nice.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back