Campsites open around clermont ferrand?

jaycey001

Free Member
Hi All

Well we have sold our motorhome and this Easter we will be driving from Calais down to Southern Spain in my Van with a tent in the back (eventually we will get a van conversion but a tent will have to do for time being). On the 24th March we will be in/around Clermont Ferrand and I am looking for a campsite that is open, there doesnt seem to be many. Does anyone have any recommendations for an overnight stop over?
We do have a hotel booked but with the spread of Coronavirus I would feel happier in our own tent with our own germs!

Also, we will be in Girona the next day (25th) - any recommendations for around there?

Any suggestions are appreciated :)
Many Thanks and I just saw that its about 21C on the Andalusia coast :cool:

James

Unfortunately campsites in France usually open in April.

The reason, I was told, is an unusual aspect of the tax system in France. Apparently the tax year is treated as two half years and there are tax advantages in trading during one half and not the other.

Consequently campsites tend to open from April to September.

If it's just an overnight stop and you don't mind motorway aire, this ones pretty good with proper separate area away from trucks etc. Used it a couple of times, probably better than some of the campsites around. :)

https://goo.gl/maps/DgLJbdLZxUfAF6Co7

We're not out until the 25th otherwise we would be 30k north of Limoges with a small garden you could pitch a tent in :cry:

"The OP needs a campsite ..."

"Does anyone have any recommendations for an overnight stop over?"

Can’t help with France, but near Girona there is Camping les Medes near Estartit is open then.

Well we have sold our motorhome and this Easter we will be driving from Calais down to Southern Spain in my Van with a tent in the back (eventually we will get a van conversion but a tent will have to do for time being).

Blimey. 😂

In the absence of an open campsite, at least it's a suggestion. Have done it myself and have seen plenty of people sleeping in tents and even just ground sheets at motorway service stations, including the one suggested.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back