campsite rip offs

hillwalker said:
we got charged 23 pound a nte down in cornwall , that was before i got the van , the site had it's own bar and games etc. but it was a noisy hole ..

Was that in Newquay?

campsite ripoff

my biggest problem with wild camping these days is my age, I must admit that the older I get the less safe I am beginning to feel, I am now sixty five years old and have breathing problems through smoking to many cigarettes(be warned you youngsters who smoke) and arthritis which slows me down, a few years ago before the ravages of time started to show I would and did camp anywhere and would have sorted out anyone who had dared to threaten me but now my outlook has changed, this really hit home a few years ago after spending a wonderful afternoon and evening fishing in the mountains beneath Cader Idris in Wales we decided to stay on a large carpark with toilets as we were driving home next day, about two in the morning we were woken up by car horns and shouting and screaming tyres, getting out of bed to make a cup of tea after they had driven away I thought how useless I would have been if the situation had been any more serious, I have only wildcamped once this year at cow green in Co Durham which is far away from civilisation and so quiet and beautiful,
Rod

lakenham rod said:
my biggest problem with wild camping these days is my age, I must admit that the older I get the less safe I am beginning to feel, I am now sixty five years old and have breathing problems through smoking to many cigarettes(be warned you youngsters who smoke) and arthritis which slows me down, a few years ago before the ravages of time started to show I would and did camp anywhere and would have sorted out anyone who had dared to threaten me but now my outlook has changed, this really hit home a few years ago after spending a wonderful afternoon and evening fishing in the mountains beneath Cader Idris in Wales we decided to stay on a large carpark with toilets as we were driving home next day, about two in the morning we were woken up by car horns and shouting and screaming tyres, getting out of bed to make a cup of tea after they had driven away I thought how useless I would have been if the situation had been any more serious, I have only wildcamped once this year at cow green in Co Durham which is far away from civilisation and so quiet and beautiful,
Rod

if you had confronted them who knows what might have happened. verbal abuse, vandalism or worse. young kids dont give a stuff anymore.
better to ignore them if poss and avoid confrontation. thier tiny minds cant understand why you dont rise to it so they get bored after a while and move on.
the hardest man in the world cant take on a handful of aggresive deadheads and hope to win.

john.

pappajohn said:
if you had confronted them who knows what might have happened. verbal abuse, vandalism or worse. young kids dont give a stuff anymore.
better to ignore them if poss and avoid confrontation. thier tiny minds cant understand why you dont rise to it so they get bored after a while and move on.
the hardest man in the world cant take on a handful of aggresive deadheads and hope to win.

john.
no truer word spoken city car parks can be a bit of a unknown quantity if you do get trouble like that the last thing you need to do is confront them better to wait then move

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back