Campsite in/near Madrid

GMJ

I just found out that the campsite we were going to stay at in January near Madrid is closing during the period we wanted to stay there so I need to find another one.

We'll be there for 5 nights so want a campsite (rather than an aire-type place) and it needs to be near public transport into the city.

Any one have any suggestions please?

ta

We have avoided Madrid as we usually don't like big cities and it is a it of a desert for camp sites.
Camping Osuna seems to get reasonable reviews and is on the metro line. Sorry csny help any further.
Have you thought about Ronda, further South and good bit colder but it is one stunning City from both a natural and man made point of view. Good Central aire, reasonably priced with all facilities as well.

• Thank You
Reactions: GMJ
Osuna is the one that is closed. :(

We fancy Madrid on this trip but will bear in mind Ronda as we go to Spain every winter.

We wild camped for a few days beside the UNESCO El Escorial Palace and Monastery. 20 odd miles out of Madrid it is on a commuter train line and we did a couple of days in the city at the Prado and general sighting seeing. Looked it up and there is a campsite nearby Camping Capfun El Escorial. Can't reccomend one way or the other.

Reactions: GMJ
Thanks.

We've stayed there before. Its a bit of a trek into the town to get to the railway station from memory.

Not used the train but stopped there a few times when we had a caravan and needed a site on the way to and from the Costas.

Thinking of Madrid at the dnd of Feb - do you know when Osuna reopens? We were recommended Aranjuez but it is a bit of a trek to the train station.

Yes its only shut for 2 weeks from 7th Jan to the 21st.

I reckon its 20-25 mins walk for the able bodied. Its a large, pleasant enough site - we have stayed there a couple of times - and of course you have the town of Aranjuez to explore as well.

I am looking at Camping Alpha which came back to me saying...

"Yes, there is a bus stop about 4 minutes walk from the campsite. This bus leaves you at Plaza Legazpi in Madrid and there you can take Metro line 3 and it leaves you in the center of Madrid. Another option would be to take the train whose stop is 2 kilometers from the Camping."

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back