camping & caravan club

t&s

is it realy worth being a member
i origanly joined 16 years ago i joined to benifit from there discounted ferry prices and vehicle insurance it was compeditive then
now i can find equal vehicle insurance a lot cheaper elseware
and as far as ferry prices are concerned i have always shoped around then aproached camping & caravan club and asked one of there advertised cheaper ferry prices
there quote is always dearer untill i mention there adds saying your adds say we are cheaper.
the best they have been able to offfer me in the past three years is a disgruntled agreement to price match
and after i did all the work shopping around saying its the best they could do
what and them a travel agent i dint think so
do you think they are catering for the new beginer caravanners who dont know any better
or are they just becomming another expensive holliday company
or am i being a bit over the top with my assumptions ?

I use the temp holiday sites as the kids dont like wild camping it bores them, I also found I could get my recovery through the RAC as there was norestriction on DIY vans if your were a member but I have heard this has changed so if my new van isnt coverd by them i may rethink

I only remain a member of the C&CC for the RAC and also the CCI card. Its certainly not for the magazine
Both the CC and the C&CC seem to be becoming "big business". They do have large amounts of money at their disposal. One does wonder what the money gets spent on. It certainly isn't paying the staff at their sites
Please don't suggest reading the accounts because I'm sorry, but they don't make a lot of sense to me.

i agree

they are just becoming a big holliday company the benifits have diminished over the years but as you say not the profits
they even have static vans of there own they let out
thats not camping & caravaning to me

club

It is like every thing becoming exspensive.They dont cater very well, for those who just want to park over night.We sometimes pick out rallies, were hard to wild, if we want to go to a certain area.Most mtorhome owners,wander around were as caravanners just want to stay in one place .It depends on what you want,we use to caravan but changed many years ago ,but stayed with the club.

is it realy worth being a member
i origanly joined 16 years ago i joined to benifit from there discounted ferry prices and vehicle insurance it was compeditive then
now i can find equal vehicle insurance a lot cheaper elseware
and as far as ferry prices are concerned i have always shoped around then aproached camping & caravan club and asked one of there advertised cheaper ferry prices
there quote is always dearer untill i mention there adds saying your adds say we are cheaper.
the best they have been able to offfer me in the past three years is a disgruntled agreement to price match
and after i did all the work shopping around saying its the best they could do
what and them a travel agent i dint think so
do you think they are catering for the new beginer caravanners who dont know any better
or are they just becomming another expensive holliday company
or am i being a bit over the top with my assumptions ?

yes i think its well worth being a member........george and i got a great deal on motorohme insurance this year....it was absolutely fantastic...also i use the cl's from time to time (although iv never shown my membership card) iv only ever used a club site twice in nearly 2 years...i will still carry on with my membership in september as overall im very happy...sammclouis :D

Just sacked the Caravan Club as they seem pretty M/H unfriendly but I like the C&CC as they have sites that are pretty basic, I can stay at Hayfield for £3.20 a night in low season, and I am just where I want to be, I could not get closer by Wilding and what is £3.20, for security and peace of mind. Bakewell is even cheaper, no toilets or showers . so I will stay with them for that reason and cheap ferries. I find Caravan Guard cheaper for Insurance.

- - so I will stay with them for that reason and cheap ferries. I find Caravan Guard cheaper for Insurance.

I used them for the Ferry and they were £1 cheaper. My membership costs??? I'm not sure but I'm sure that its more than £1 :(

Do CCC do breakdown cover? Currently with GreenFlag through CC but thinking of changing.

Any other suggestions?

Hi
I'm a member of the C.C.C.
I am also the secretary of N.E.C.D.A.and the editor of their rag (The Cheshire Chat)
I have found the club members friendly and helpful (that sounds like you lot)
I use club sites but mainly DA sites (especially if they have a tractor)

My only bug bare and I must not be the only one but I am paying £35 subscription for 1 person the same as a family.
But otherwise I am very happy.
I am just looking where to go May Day might go to Hayfield if it's not full and beginning of June take the grandson down to a DA meet at Anglesey while his mum and dad are at work (still thinking about that one)
going back to May Day any wild camping up for grabs????

Thanks Walkers

Unfortunately I cant find it on the web page.

Hi
Forgot to mention I am with the AA for breakdown cover as they were the only ones who would cover the motorhome and not the person

Forget my head if it was not screwed on

Thanks Walkers

Unfortunately I cant find it on the web page.
never really looked on the webpage but it is advertised with the monthly magazine, i am not a member anymore but polly appears to be maybe she can look it up in her monthly mag for you

Just back from a weekend rally with the C.C.C. no snobery made welcome and the little one was off playing and I didnt need to worry about him.

Just back from a weekend rally with the C.C.C. no snobery made welcome and the little one was off playing and I didnt need to worry about him.

Agreed;), it really is "The friendly club":)

Just sacked the Caravan Club as they seem pretty M/H unfriendly but I like the C&CC as they have sites that are pretty basic, I can stay at Hayfield for £3.20 a night in low season, and I am just where I want to be, I could not get closer by Wilding and what is £3.20, for security and peace of mind. Bakewell is even cheaper, no toilets or showers . so I will stay with them for that reason and cheap ferries. I find Caravan Guard cheaper for Insurance.

I stayed at Hayfield in 1991 with some friends, is the pub over the stream still open?
I do seem to think it was very narrow the entry into the site - is my memory correct? It was a lovely site and the pub was nice. I've been considering joining one of the clubs but I'm undecided and it's interesting to hear other peoples views.

Agreed;), it really is "The friendly club":)

Dont know about that, I have just got back from Beadnell Bay with the Grandchildren. Warden stopped them playing with a Small sponge ball, his argument was the damage to other members Tents and campers, A sponge ball, do me a favour:eek:. They also like to fly a goose on the end of a 2 mtr pole, strapped to the rear of the van, "Cant fly that its against Health and Safety":eek:.
I for one am thinking of dropping my renewal.

Don

I stayed at Hayfield in 1991 with some friends, is the pub over the stream still open?
I do seem to think it was very narrow the entry into the site - is my memory correct? It was a lovely site and the pub was nice. I've been considering joining one of the clubs but I'm undecided and it's interesting to hear other peoples views.

If youve got children the rally sites are good, theres always someone for them to play with, and the RAC will cover most self builds under the arriavals scheme.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back