Campervanning in Scotland

banzer

Hi all

Recommended this site by a friend. Hope to find some interesting info on wild and not-so-wild spots to camp in Scotland. I know the area well having lived in Fort William and kayaked and hiked around a lot of it, however never done a campervan trip. Will be going with the family (wife and kids aged 5 and 7) in May.

Thanks
Rich.

Hi Rich welcome to the forum. Hope you all enjoy Scotland:welcome::camper::cheers:

Good spot on Skye

Hi all

Recommended this site by a friend. Hope to find some interesting info on wild and not-so-wild spots to camp in Scotland. I know the area well having lived in Fort William and kayaked and hiked around a lot of it, however never done a campervan trip. Will be going with the family (wife and kids aged 5 and 7) in May.

Thanks
Rich.

Nice wild spot, Staffin pier on Skye, A bit of a treck to get there but if touring skye its a brilliant couple of days. Follow The A855 either way direction Staffin you will see a signpost for STAFFIN SLIPWAY BEACH, follow single track road, just keep driving ahead.
Over the cattle grid, keep going your now on road below the cliffs but high above the beaches. Keep going, 5 mins you will see the pier/slipway, to the right of pier is a hardstanding 6/8 M.H could park with ease, Even has water, nice and flat, fantastic views, even better walks, within 1/2 mile is Kilt Rock and Mealt Falls Viewpoint, this is worth a look, we are going again the spring,

Jen & Trev

Hi all

Thanks
Rich.

Rich

Also welcome, but the others bar one have not given you answers.

My answer is Scotland is very free and easy on wildcamping - they changed the law on restrictions a few years ago.

My view is drive around and if you see a nice spot with a bit of turf and firm ground - just stop.

Maybe the bairns need some entertainment, but what about fishing, seal watching, a boat trip?

If I started listing my favourite spots to wildcamping in Scotland you would be bored before I finished, but start with

Applecross

Red point

On the 'tops' on Skye with a view of the Cuillins...

We would be back, but for restricted time and distance from Poland.

I am sure you will enjoy wherever you stop.

Geoff

Hi Rich,

Welcome to the forum, we have Been touring the north west of Scotland main land above Ullapool up to Durness and every time we go out we find another place we need to go back to. We started by looking for somewhere on the POI MAP we fancied and carry on from there.

Happy camping

Nice wild spot, Staffin pier on Skye, A bit of a treck to get there but if touring skye its a brilliant couple of days. Follow The A855 either way direction Staffin you will see a signpost for STAFFIN SLIPWAY BEACH, follow single track road, just keep driving ahead.
Over the cattle grid, keep going your now on road below the cliffs but high above the beaches. Keep going, 5 mins you will see the pier/slipway, to the right of pier is a hardstanding 6/8 M.H could park with ease, Even has water, nice and flat, fantastic views, even better walks, within 1/2 mile is Kilt Rock and Mealt Falls Viewpoint, this is worth a look, we are going again the spring,

Jen & Trev

Sounds good. There are three pois down that road, but they do carry a warning for longer vans.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back