camp sites needed portugal spain

blackbird100

Hi all :wave: a new thread, can any one suggest a good rural camp site, affordable, with space to put up our attached awning.

algarve area prefferd, but any other good ones in Portugul and spain on the way down, input much appreciated, thanks Tony And Teresa..

known as the two tees from now on :lol-049::lol-049:

Give me some time and I'll provide a nice spot for, say 2 motorhomes in my property in Alentejo. Just need to work out some drains and some water.
And if the Financas (Inland Revenue) ask for me to pay taxes because I'm providing a service so its a business I just show them this Forum for them to now what kind of scroungers you lot are :lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049:

1st booking.

Give me some time and I'll provide a nice spot for, say 2 motorhomes in my property in Alentejo. Just need to work out some drains and some water.
And if the Financas (Inland Revenue) ask for me to pay taxes because I'm providing a service so its a business I just show them this Forum for them to now what kind of scroungers you lot are :lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::lol-053::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049:

book us in, Please Oh?? and can you lend me 20 quid :lol-049::lol-049::lol-049::cheers::cheers:

there is a good one in Lagos old town, short walk to all amenities and beach front, can't remember the name, sorry. But if nothing has changed you can park up for a few nights by the beach at the old derelict house past the port on the left.:scooter::scooter::scooter::scooter::scooter::scooter::scooter::scooter::scooter:

2nd booking....

Would love to stay in your area, I love it.. not as hectic as the Algarve.
Hope you get over at Xmas, have you tried LD Line Newhaven-Dieppe run can work out cheap especially if your over 60 you can get 20% off if you ring.
I am on my way down on boxing day for a couple of months.. can't wait..

Would love to stay in your area, I love it.. not as hectic as the Algarve.
Hope you get over at Xmas, have you tried LD Line Newhaven-Dieppe run can work out cheap especially if your over 60 you can get 20% off if you ring.
I am on my way down on boxing day for a couple of months.. can't wait..
Not over 60!!!

YET

All depends what you mean as cheap and what facilities you want. You can get a pitch on the old football pitch at Armacao de Pera for 1.50 a night but no awnings, at least I haven't seen one up ant limited water and toilet facilities. Not exactly rural either but veryclose to the beach. We are in Campismo de Armacao de Pera just up the road a well established full service campsite convenient for shops and buses with a bar/restaurant. Not set pitches just find a spot you like and set up what you like that costs about 13 including a 10 amp power supply. They will even store your excess stuff on a pallet for free till next winter. There are all sorts of facility and if you do come just tour about a bit till you find what suits you. There is still plenty of wild (real wild not car park) camping if youvwant to try that too.

ulcer??

I've heard that you can preserve things in alcohol so I should be OK :cheers::lol-053::lol-053::lol-053:

doc told me the other day. stomach pains were due to a small ulcer, brought on by the amount of cider I drink, gave me some tablets

Funny though !! took them and the Cider still hasn't gone :cheers::cheers::cheers::banana::banana:

All depends what you mean as cheap and what facilities you want. You can get a pitch on the old football pitch at Armacao de Pera for 1.50 a night but no awnings, at least I haven't seen one up ant limited water and toilet facilities. Not exactly rural either but veryclose to the beach. We are in Campismo de Armacao de Pera just up the road a well established full service campsite convenient for shops and buses with a bar/restaurant. Not set pitches just find a spot you like and set up what you like that costs about 13 including a 10 amp power supply. They will even store your excess stuff on a pallet for free till next winter. There are all sorts of facility and if you do come just tour about a bit till you find what suits you. There is still plenty of wild (real wild not car park) camping if youvwant to try that too.

Thats the type of site.. thanks, dont need to be crammed in on a hard standing pitch..4 foot beetween vans, :cheers:

Exciting thread!!

Hi we are newbies to wild camping in Europe and don't know much; done years of it in the back woods of the Pacific Northwest and Alaska, but its MUCH different here for sure. We leave for the Portuguese Algarve from Lyon the first week in January 2015. We'll be motoring on through France and Spain at a max of 4-hours driving per day. We too are searching for camp spots for the night MAYbe 2-nights if the area is interesting. We're traveling with our Rhodesian Ridgeback Betsy who takes the space of a human albeit a silent farting human...sigh. Were rough planning the route this weekend if you know of any good spots let us know and we'll do the same. Deborah and Pat :dog:

Alentejo...whew breathtakingly beautiful area

inglejano, Just read up on the area where you live. Beautiful. We too are looking for a rural place to camp. We've a caravan not a Motorhome (gulp). It's light out, can't even see barns 50m away for the thick fog. Stoked the stove with old Beaujolais vines which burn hot....Portugal is calling........
Deborah

Having driven down to Seville and back three times over the past two months and seen the steady procession of motorhomes and caravans heading south I can only assume that they are putting them on three or four storey racks, as they do with boats when they are out of the water.

Having driven down to Seville and back three times over the past two months and seen the steady procession of motorhomes and caravans heading south I can only assume that they are putting them on three or four storey racks, as they do with boats when they are out of the water.

There is still plenty of space here in the Algarve what ever you want as long as it is not a CC style manicured site.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back