Camino way.

20220321_183146.jpg

The end of the world, we cheated a bit, and only walked the last 3km
Now sat with a beer, awaiting the sunset.
20220321_185922.jpg

Cheers.

We went way up the tarmac Road above the lighthouse to nearly the top of the peninsula and took a track off to the left, parked by a tor on the walking "route de faros" with a view down on the lighthouse from above.

Not for me but good luck to all who do it .
Stayed a couple of nights in St Jean pied le port this weekend
The walk is big business
Bizarrely ,talking to American and Yorkshire walkers , one of the main companies who organise these trips is based in Glasgow .
Weegies don't walk !

I have always liked the idea of doing this partly my faith and from a spiritual aspect but I can barely walk as far as the corner shop these days 🙄 !
I read Shirley MacLaine “The Camino” years ago and it really stuck with me.
I enjoyed seeing the photos thanks and good luck to those that attempt it and well done to those that have braved it 👍

Last edited:
One of my old workmates is walking this now. He has been posting pics of his progress in a past of shorts in the snow this week lol

Edit: he is not doing it for religious reasons, it’s the challenge/walk that he enjoys

He must have started at St Jean Pied de Port, that's 800km to Santiago, several times longer than what we did. Wish him "Buen camino".

We've walked the Portuguese Camino to Santiago and have been wondering about the feasibility of doing exactly what you guys are doing so have been following your walk with interest (and envy). It seems that I can't PM you.
Hi
Saw many walkers while on Portugal coast which was stunning. Have you any details of the Portuguese Camino?

I looked at the Camino Portuguese, but couldn't find enough public transport along the route. It's possible using taxis, I'd budget 30Euros a day for them.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back