Cairngorm funny peculiar

We don`t ski but have thoroughly enjoyed several trips on it and time at the top over the years :cool:

I am pleased this is back !
(I learnt to ski on that mountain !...Bloody cold.
It will surely help tourism.
I note Cameron McNeish opposed it. Not sure why
"....said the railway should be "stripped" from the mountainside and the area allowed to go back to the wild."
I guess he thinks it is a carbuncle on the side of the Mountain and likes things left as they were? He probably doesn't like Wind Farms and anything that changes the appearance of the landscape?

I have not heard of this 'train' before. Looks good to me. I'd fancy a trip up on it to the top :)

It was and still is a total white elephant. Gets closed if there’s too much snow, takes hours to dig out every morning, and has cost the mountain a small fortune. Should have been a Gondola put in. Corrie na Ciste lower down the hill was going to cost X amount to upgrade the lifts so the decided just to remove them at twice the cost.
Poor management and ski snobbery to blame.

"....said the railway should be "stripped" from the mountainside and the area allowed to go back to the wild."
I guess he thinks it is a carbuncle on the side of the Mountain and likes things left as they were? He probably doesn't like Wind Farms and anything that changes the appearance of the landscape?

I have not heard of this 'train' before. Looks good to me. I'd fancy a trip up on it to the top :)

It very easy to find, turn off the main road in Aveimiore ( not the A9 ) up the B970 at the little roundabout, over the railway line and follow your nose :)

Wave at the reindeers on the left and keep going and going and going. do not turn off, follow the one way system round, past the lower car parks and keep going.

Bingo, find yourself a nice levelish spot on the huge car park by the station with a view out and enjoy :cool:

Please note :-

It can get a tad windy o_O🤣🤣

It very easy to find, turn off the main road in Aveimiore ( not the A9 ) up the B970 at the little roundabout, over the railway line and follow your nose :)

Wave at the reindeers on the left and keep going and going and going. do not turn off, follow the one way system round, past the lower car parks and keep going.

Bingo, find yourself a nice levelish spot on the huge car park by the station with a view out and enjoy :cool:

Please note :-

It can get a tad windy o_O🤣🤣
The lower car park Corrie na Ciste is now a dedicated motorhome parking aire type thing now unfortunately😢

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back