Cabo de gata

Derekoak

We are in the area near cabo de gata and want to walk some of the coastal paths there for a few days, Starting tomorrow or the day after. We normally always wild camp however the Internet says that the whole cabo de gata Park area no longer allows wild camping. We don't want any trouble, although we were moved on from a natural park a couple of days ago just as we started evening cooking . Every different park in Spain seems to have different rules.
We are wondering whether to find a spot just outside the cabo de gata park and commute perhaps 60k per day at a cost of at least 6 euro or find a cheap place within. Does anyone know any places that might cost say less than 8 euro for us per night?
I also messaged @John H as he has stayed there.

We are there right now although stopping on the los escullos campsite as we want to live outdoors with bbq, loungers etc. and we do have a scooter to explore the area. We may wild camping later during our visit. There is a motorhome parking compound for €7 a night (€10 with electric) about 5 miles out of San Jose on the Nigar road just before the roundabout near the petrol station. It’s actually ok with free WiFi and reasonable showers and loos.

As for wildcamping, as long as you park up overnight in a coastal village car park the police won’t bother you this time of the year. What you can’t do is park up overnight within the parkland itself, so visit the beach or whatever daytime and move to a village car park overnight. Seems to be what local wild campers are doing. There are several small villages to park up in Rodalquilar, Isleta del Moro, maybe the main San Jose central parking area, and more along the coast going east.

Last edited:
We are in the area near cabo de gata and want to walk some of the coastal paths there for a few days, Starting tomorrow or the day after. We normally always wild camp however the Internet says that the whole cabo de gata Park area no longer allows wild camping. We don't want any trouble, although we were moved on from a natural park a couple of days ago just as we started evening cooking . Every different park in Spain seems to have different rules.
We are wondering whether to find a spot just outside the cabo de gata park and commute perhaps 60k per day at a cost of at least 6 euro or find a cheap place within. Does anyone know any places that might cost say less than 8 euro for us per night?
I also messaged @John H as he has stayed there.
Not heard from John H for a while . I know he has some health problems .
I do know he stayed in the camp site there .
3 years ago I stayed just along from campsite , can't remember village name

Last month we stayed at La Fabriquilla. Beach side car park, no facilities, no problems. Also called at cabo de gata town where Wilding appeared to be accepted . Might change later in year ?

Just to add whilst parked up at cabo de gata Town the police arrived and spoke to a gang of "new age travellers " ? No slur intended. They had parked 4 big vehicles in a square and hung washing lines in the middle. Saw police taking photographs of their documents and the washing lines were taken down. Drove past next morning and their vehicles were still there together with may be 20 other "normal" looking motorhomes. Police never approached us or any other of the motorhomes.
There is also a very good and cheap camperstop at Agua Amaga if you can get on !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back