Byob

bobj808

Free Member
If you are coming to Scotland better remember to bring your own wine and beer. Once more the Nanny State is punishing the majority for the actions of the minority. But as usual they won't be overly affected due to their subsidised bar and restaurant in Holyrood. Surely a bar within a workplace, any workplace, is not compatible with best working practice. Bob.

the minimum pricing will not affect anything you buy in a bar or restuaurant a typical pint of beer is 2.5 units at a minimum of 50p per unit thats £1.25 I havent been able to pay that since I was in short pants!

Really unless you are devotee of White Lightening (similar brands are available) , really bad lager or table vinegar it isnt going to affect the price of your tipple -

Greed will find a way these pubs clubs and restaurants will find a way of of charging more it’s like the price of plastic products when oil was increasing weekly our materials tracked price of oil over a 2 year period it more than doubled but when oil crashed below $40 the price of plastic stayed the same. You’ll start seeing people with dosh doing once or twice a year Booz runs down to England like the trips to France in the 80s so Scottish economy will suffer again.

There must be more to it as the Scotch Whisky Association battled it out with the SNP all the way to the Court of Session. Can guarantee we will pay more across the board. Bob.

I think it may only affect grain and cheaper blended whisky as the cost single malts are already above the minimum price per unit anyway

I haven’t fully followed this but it could be a good idea. Most buyers don’t buy the cheapest brand on the shelf so the impact would be minimal.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back