Bust

Belgian

The Knaus Tabbert group is bankrupt. They produced campers and caravans of the brands Knaus, Eifelland, Tabbert, T@B, Weinsberg & Wilk, in Germany and Hungary.
1500 workers on the street. The banks failed to give credit. :mad:

i doubt if they will be the only ones. Avondale went bust a couple of weeks ago and i am sure they will not be alone

bertie

That's a pity; all the Knaus vans that I've seen were very well finished compared to some of the rubbish around

I think there may be many empty pitches at this months N.E.C show and I think that many constructors and dealers, will be looking at this show as their last pitch at the public before throwing in the towel. I think probably Swift Auto trail and Auto sleepres will be all thats left of our majors by next season. The small independents might survive providing they hav'nt invested in new production facilities like Timberland and Ih.

What happens to your deposit in this situation. Thats why I think so many that would place an order will be scared off.

GOOD news, Second hand vans will hold up there prices as a safer investment.

I really ought to be working for the B.B.C....:p M/H and leisure correspondent Sir TRESRIKAY, O.B.E bar, ed evrywhere.:D

again it is all down to the greedy companys
to many companys getting a share in the profits of one orgination
i just noticed the credits for a tv programe
made by ????????????/
distributed by ??????????
part of the ??????????//group
shown by ????????/
and of corse there is the private shareholders that want there bit on top
so five lots of profit from one program !

and now i hear our pol tax is stuck in icelandic banks
apparently our friend mr brown says it is ilegal for our councils to invest in foriegn countrys banks
so is someone on my council in the s--t i dowbt it
as usual council officials are not responsible for there actions as they have never understood what they are employed to do

GOOD news, Second hand vans will hold up there prices as a safer investment.

You will probably find that it is the opposite as all the people who have bought using finance from either a Bank or some other source suddenly realise that they simply cannot afford it anymore.

Having been involved with the Retail sector, I know how blinded people become with HP. It is very sad when you see the problems that people bring on themselves but I only blame a lack of education

The moral of this is to keep some spare cash handy because there's going to be some incredible bargains about

Psst- wanna buy a Rolex? going cheap...

and now i hear our pol tax is stuck in icelandic banks
apparently our friend mr brown says it is ilegal for our councils to invest in foriegn countrys banks
so is someone on my council in the s--t i dowbt it
as usual council officials are not responsible for there actions as they have never understood what they are employed to do

Bloody hell, if I want to read that sort of rubbish I'd go in the members' bar on "another forum"!
1. Don't think Brown said anything of the sort - in fact councils have a legal duty to invest funds to get maximum returns - which may mean, in the unfortunate context of globalisation, investing in overseas banks. (Interesting that the D Express was advocating investing in Icelandic banks the day they went bust!)
2. What he did say was that the Icelandic government had behaved illegally - whether he's right in this I've no idea.
3. What's this got to do with Knaus?

well you did aparently read it.
if you dont like my opinion i could not care less!

well you did aparently read it.
if you dont like my opinion i could not care less!

Easy guys,
We all feel unfortable with this; but we cannot do anything about it.
It is simply going above our heads. :eek:
So let us not biting each other for things we or may- or cannot understand(or withhold off..) :cool:
Do like the Spanish: manana .... :rolleyes:

it best just to let it all pass we will survive did do in the 80s so whats new, its only the bankers and financial experts trying to boost there personal finances i wonder who is gona make a killing when shares do start to climb! not us we will have to pay for there greed.

Avondale

I'm almost glad Avondale went bust, before this motorhome we had an Avondale Osprey, they were supposed to be the bees knees!

It leaked like a bloody sieve! The door frame had to be replaced, the roof vent dripped, the front window frame had to be replaced as the whole corner was wet and rotten. So I'm not supprised they went bust.

My first 'van was an old Sprite that had been resprayed... bone dry!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back