Bristol ?

Penny13

Looking at a skar band tribute at the fleece in bristol on a sat night in nov does anyone know of camping in city that's safe as vans will be left or just outside ? Thanks

Wapping wharf car park is about your closest, but charge overnight AFAIK. Durham downs POI in nicer and free, but you'll need to travel in some how. Plenty to eat and drink on the way though if you want to walk part of it (whiteladies road and park street.)

parking near fleece and firkin bristol

if that other post is correct for overnighting, lower guinea street is only ten minutes walk from f&f, otherwise if you drive south from fleece and firkin, any urban street with decent houses should be ok......close curtains all around, then no one knows if your at home or not...........I full time in bristol many months, when not travelling, never had any issues, but either I am at home asleep, or have a very good alarm on......steve bristol

Aahh lovely brizzle...many happy weekends there on the boat. Sampling the cider in 'the orchard', then on to the Nova Scotia , olives from St Nicholas market..love brizzle, lots of lovely memeories, but not yet tried it in the camper

I go to the Fleece regularly, always park outside venue in the parking bays in me truck, never had a problem. Parking free after 6.00pm, but you'll have to buy a ticket in the morning if you intend to stay/recover, a bit......:cheers:

I like to get there about 5.30 ish, to guarantee a space [the bands playing may be in a tour bus, which take up a couple of spaces too.]

Then jump in the back for some pre gig drinks and whatever else, and well enjoy......:lol-061:

Bristol is pretty cool for vans, campers and trucks, i went to a gig at the Louisiana once, was parked up in a car park, overslept and i had a traffic warden tap on the side door, i thought 'Here we go....' but he said he always knocks on campers doors before slapping a ticket on the windscreen'.....

How refreshing is that..... Pity, they are'nt all like it......:p

i could do one on the drive but not sure if the other one would get into the garden, mine does easily

Bristol people ! parking in the area of the fleece or lower guinea st, how safe do you think two vans left will be ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back