Brighton is to become the latest city to try to ban cars from its centre as councils attempt to tackle the health problems caused by toxic air.

harrow

Brighton is to become the latest city to try to ban cars from its centre as councils attempt to tackle the health problems caused by toxic air. Brighton and Hove city council will next week vote on a ban on private vehicles after Green Councillors pledged to reduce pollution

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/car-ban-plan-for-brighton-to-tackle-toxic-air-glzghbphz

Maybe it’s me but I would not want to take a motorhome into a city centre. Don’t really see how any of this affects our own personal motorhome use.

Of greater concern would be the use of county and regional wide zones. Moves by local city councils could create a snowball effect which ultimately could create similar zones adopted by county and national authorities. But would central government allow this given the massive disruption it could have on the economy?

Selfish I know but would I be too old to care by the time diesel motorhome use is so restricted as to be impractical?

I am glad they are banning cars ect in city centres. At least Brighton has a very good bus service so it should work well. Where I live there are few buses so I walk into town.
I understand what you are getting at, what happens when all the town zones join up, with perhaps only the motor way in between.
And yet they are still producing thousands of motor homes.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back