Breakdown cover

Annsman

Any suggestions please. My mate, (genuinely!), has gone to Spain in his newly bought van conversion motorhome. His insurance was due next week and his renewal quote from SAGA was going to be £1500, so he shopped around and chose The Caravan & Motorhome Club. He accepted their quote for £750 and then had to contact "Red Pennant" their breakdown cover people. They refused to cover him for breakdown because he was already in Spain! He has tried talking to them, but because its a new policy they won't have it. The Caravan & Motorhome Club will cover him to drive around, but not breakdown.. So he thinks he might have to go with SAGA, until his return.
He's tried Comfort, who told him the same, no breakdown whilst out of the country. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you get around it, if at all?
Thank you.

I had a similar quandary with ‘red pennant’ via Green flag and C&MHC but I was still in the UK so I chose the RAC cover for the 60 days it was about £250 but they didn’t ask where I was just when I needed cover to begin, all online.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back