Breakdown cover

Jimhunterj4

I'm looking for breakdown cover for myself and my wife to cover our 7.5 mtr motorhome and our three cars does anyone know of or have any ideas who could give us a good deal ? Cheers Jim

Jim you've seen my van not exactly small 5.5 tone and 8.3 meters long. I was tortured trying to get cover but the best I found was rac but you had to be a member of caravan and camping club ccc. It covers van up to 7.5 ton and any length with European cover there's a few other extras as well and I think price was decent enough. Cheers wully
And it covers cars too

Good deal you get free ccc membership so you can nip into sites and empty waste lol

Attachments

• IMG_0165.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 184
There was mention of a current account with the Nationwide recently on the forum. I think it was called the Flex Plus, it costs £10 per month but you get breakdown cover for any vehicle that you are driving, you get travel insurance for up to age 75 for you and your partner plus a host of other benefits.You need to have £2500 in the account but it does attract approx 3% interest. Have a look at their website for the detail.

Saga

I was told recently that Saga MH breakdown only covered van up to 7 mts long. I rang and asked the question and was told this was correct. I immediately rang the customer complaint department as I have had their cover for 2 of the last 3 years and if that was the case, if I have of required assistance I would have been too long at 7.6 mtr.

The person I spoke to rang the underwriters to clarify this. He said this was incorrect and they do cover van over 7 mtrs long, so I took out the cover. 12 months cover inc european travel etc and as I have their MH insurance the price decreased from £96 to £77. They do offer car breakdown as well so you should get a good deal with multiple vehicle.

Hope that helps

DJM

The downside of RAC cover is that if you actually call them out your next premium increases by 33%, so you have to shop around again the following year.

Cheap

The cheapest CAR breakdown I found was with Kwikfit.

My VW Up is £2.02 a month !!

DJM

Last edited:
If you are adventurous then PLEASE check the small print.
Some policies do NOT cover Finland or even islands!

Does any existing account holder wish to recommend me for an account to enjoy the £100 reward?

PM for my email, etc. details if interested.

Rob

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back