Breakdown cover via Nationwide bank account

Hi, has anyone used the breakdown cover via Nationwide bank account? If so would you recommend them?

FlexPlus Premium Current Account Details & Offers | Nationwide

thanks,
Gordon

this bank account costs you £120 a year - and has some other benefits - are they all worth it to you is the question? The NW website does not define an "eligible" vehicle (which has to be serviced otherwise you don't get unlimited callouts) - you will have to read that in the policy document - so I would ring up and ask for a specimen copy of that doc before making a decision

this bank account costs you £120 a year - and has some other benefits - are they all worth it to you is the question? The NW website does not define an "eligible" vehicle (which has to be serviced otherwise you don't get unlimited callouts) - you will have to read that in the policy document - so I would ring up and ask for a specimen copy of that doc before making a decision

Cost wise it will work out cheaper for me as it will be a joint account and cover both the van and the wife's car.

It will cover motorhomes - upto 8 metres in length or 7.5 tonnes in weight.

Just phoned them and the servicing clause is in for people that do no maintanance etc - diy servicing the van is ok.

apparently we get free aa cover with our tsb account , but weve never been sent any information on whats covered or how to acess it, same with holiday insurance, though i do remember enquiring about that years ago and was told it wouldnt cover the children, the extra to cover them for a fortnight was more than a full family policy elsewhere.

Hi, has anyone used the breakdown cover via Nationwide bank account? If so would you recommend them?

thanks,
Gordon

Yes I have used this, broke down in the middle of Doncaster in August! No problem for them at all. It is a very good deal as it covers all vehicles you are in or own. Wife and I have a joint account which also gives us holiday insurance for 30 days and some other benefits, quite a good deal imo.

By the way, my van is 4.6 tons and 7.2 metres.

thanks,
Gordon
Nationwide FlexPlus account

FlexPlus gives you more than just interest. Choose FlexPlus for great banking features as well as a range of insurance policies and account benefits for you and your family. All for £10 a month. Well £10 a month works out more than I pay Comfort for my breakdown Insurance , I am a Nationwide customer at present but only with a bog standard Flex account,and that includes Health travel Insurance but have never bothered to look into that .

Cover not as good or cheap as ADAC. Ordinary flex direct account earns 5% (on £2500 max) for a year but needs £1000/month min. cycled through it. Those with a flex direct after this period can get 5% on a flexclusive saver (£500/month max) for a year. Good for those with a little it of dosh looking to max. their savings.

Mr B.

Cover not as good or cheap as ADAC. Ordinary flex direct account earns 5% (on £2500 max) for a year but needs £1000/month min. cycled through it. Those with a flex direct after this period can get 5% on a flexclusive saver (£500/month max) for a year. Good for those with a little it of dosh looking to max. their savings.

Mr B.

All have different circumstances so will have different solutions, my Nationwide breakdown covers two Hymers and two cars throughout Europe and from home.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back