Breakdown at weekend

Deleted member 919

I went to Blackpool at weekend and as i came off Yeadon Way at Aldi i had an almighty clattering from under the front end.I drove slowly round the corner onto central drive and by this time it sounded as though the drive shafts were disintegrating and also there was a scraping as if a track rod had fell off and was trailing on the floor,which considering it was still driving and steering was a mystery to me.I had a look underneath and could find nothing loose and nothing trailing on the floor but as soon as i tried to move the banging continued.As i have a 3 year breakdown i rung the call centre and within the hour a breakdown wagon came and towed it back to the garage.I then had the usual stroll down the front with fish and chips and an hour later was called by the garage to say the van was ready to be picked up.Here is what they found Prezzybox.com: Oidz £5.95. i had some how flicked it up and it had made its way through a very small hole into the anti rattle tray (haaa) on the front disc.The fitter said he had never seen or heard anything like it in 40 years fitting and kept the Oidz as a souvenir.I would also commend Fylde Motor Company ,Welbeck Ave Marton,Blackpool for their superb service as it was sunday afternoon and they did not charge for the tow in and repair .
Rob

rattles

That looks a handy tool for picking up dropped nuts and bolts:D:D

weez
Tony

Hi Rob, glad it wasn't serious, and once again good old Lancashire hospitality shines through:D
It's nice to hear of a Garage doing something for nothing, well done Fylde Motor Company:cool:

Happy Camping:)

Hi Rob, glad it wasn't serious, and once again good old Lancashire hospitality shines through:D
It's nice to hear of a Garage doing something for nothing, well done Fylde Motor Company:cool:

Happy Camping:)
Yes thought it would cost me at least for the tow in as this was not really covered by breakdown warranty and the service was superb

Rob

Hia
Your so laid back I would have been s-----g, s-----g s-----g and maybe a few choice words before panic set in for at least 1 hour before I came down to earth to ----- I don't know what:eek::eek::eek:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back