Break down Vehicle cover .

vindiboy

I have been insured with Comfort for many years , I let my policy on the van lapse end of April this year as I could not use the van because of lock down,and Sorned the van, I today called Comfort to insure my van again , same policy same conditions valued the van less than was insured before because it is not worth what I insured it for 7 years ago , the price they quoted me for reinsuring Was £200 more than I could have insured it in APRIL , they now want £643 because they say it is a new Policy, and I am now 75, any one else had this happen?

I have been shopping around for Insurance since the Comfort bombshell and have now Insured with the Camping and Caravan Club £ 241 plus £24 full legal cover so £265 total I now need to get Breakdown cover as AGEAS who I am now with only allows 90 days breakdown cover in Europe with a limit of 60 days in one trip so that is no good, So where do I get the best breakdown insurance from, Please.

SO where do you get your breakdown cover from, I have left Comfort Insurance for my van and now need breakdown cover 90 days europe OK but longer would be better.

Hi all , where do you get your breakdown cover from, I have left Comfort Insurance for my van and now need breakdown cover 90 days europe OK but longer would be better.

Last edited:
Plenty of cover out there really depends what you are prepared to pay - green flag / rac / aa - or adac if you can get it

L&V allow 180 days continuous EU, RAC arrival 360 days. All the rest seem to be the standard 30-90 I found.

Nationwide doesn't have the time limit, but how will you do trips over 90 days in Europe after Brexit bites?

Nationwide is same as L&V.
1594675130847.png

According To Ken a member on here whose son is a Spanish cop,"" Quote "" on entering a Schengen Country you will have a sticker put on your vehicle stating the date and time you entered the Schengen and the clock starts counting down from that time so you must be out in 9o Days ?

I wonder what would happen if you got stopped well before border if already exceeded time limit not that it matters

I wonder what would happen if you got stopped well before border if already exceeded time limit not that it matters
Nothing. I've met Russians living in Spain for years in their vans. The 90 day limit isn't policed and will only become apparent at the border, what happens there I don't know. Europe's borders are open to everyone, until that changes then I say bllx to them, do what you want.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back