Break down cover

Martin gaze

Hi all what do you all do for breakdown cover I'm with aa and have full cover including mechanical repairs. To cut a long story short, we droke down this week aa turned up to take van away 1am 9 hours after we called and said me and my 8 year old daughter had to wait in beach car park for taxi at 9am to get a Ford focus as a courtesy car we was in Cornwall I think but we live in london. I didn't know what to do or say mine couldn't have bee the first motorhome to brake down but the aa didn't know what to do and neither did i

I have to buy from AIB as my wagon is 6.3 ton on plate,last time i used the aa for a car i was brought back in the wagon with car on back to my door,they told me you cannot fix a head gasket on a skoda,well sorted that night and passed them next day outside dungannon,gave them a big wave.

Hi all what do you all do for breakdown cover I'm with aa and have full cover including mechanical repairs. To cut a long story short, we droke down this week aa turned up to take van away 1am 9 hours after we called and said me and my 8 year old daughter had to wait in beach car park for taxi at 9am to get a Ford focus as a courtesy car we was in Cornwall I think but we live in london. I didn't know what to do or say mine couldn't have bee the first motorhome to brake down but the aa didn't know what to do and neither did i
You are lucky they even came out. As far as I know, the AA cover doesn't normally extend to anything but the very smallest motorhomes, unless you get the special deal through the CCC scheme. I forget what they call it.

I have a van conversion mwb when I called they said like for like for the courtesy vehicle which made me laugh then enterprise told me I was getting a ford focus. Then aa said they would pick up van and give me taxi to field in on Portland but with out the van. Think I might pack an emergency tent in future

The AA left me in the middle of a crossroads on a Friday afternoon for 6 hours :(

I've got cover through Safeguard with AA, 5 tonne Hymer, had a transmission failure on the way to Dover, contract recovery company came out collected motorhome and us, taken to their depot, they gave us a courtesy car to get us home and brought the motorhome to us after the Christmas holiday.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back