Brakes aghhhhh,

The laird

WENT TO REPLACE O S F CALIPER ,MEASURED PISTONS TOLD NO BOTHER HERE TUESDAY OR WEDNESDAY,PHONE CALL THIS DAY ,CALIPER HERE,GOT IT COLLECTED WENT TO TONIGHT ,YUP, wrong piston sizes ,THEY BETTER TAKE COVER THE MORNING WHEN I GET THERE,**** I PROVIDED ALL PISTON SIZES AS THERE ARE TWO DIFFERENT ONES ,HOW THINGS HAVE CHANGED IN THE TRADE FROM WHEN I WAS ON THE TOOLS ,NOUGHT CARRIED IN STOCK OTHER THAN PADS ,SHOES ,BULBS ,BLADES FUSES BLAH BLAH IM FRGN RAGING

Nowt worse! Deep breaths Gordon, get some extra discount for your trouble ;)

I buy my brake parts from here Gordon, sorry it is too late now but they are good prices and quality, next day delivery
caliper for yours is £54 (solid no ABS) to £60 (vented with ABS), bear them in mind next time

Thats the thing with to many makes and models these days,back to the model T .:bow:

Absolutely no use to you now but our local factors have been brilliant, good prices and quick to get anything not in stock. I know they supply a lot of the garages and local parts/accessory shops as well.

When my mh went for the brakes I had no idea what was wrong except a light had come on indicating front something. Garage ordered all possible parts for the job for when it went in, they only needed front pads but I saw the box with disks and every combination for front and back (MH is registered 2007 but I believe chassis was made in 2005). They all came from this factors who take back anything not used.

Cant see they do online unless you create an account and not sure if it is any good anyway, they have a fleet of vans to deliver so may not post. If anyone wants to find out they are SDL Minorfern: Vehicle Spares / Exhausts / Garage Equipment

Hope you get it sorted soon Gordon

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back