Brösarps Backar in Sweden

Kalleiviken

Rest area Brösarps Backar near Kivik. Nice place where we spent the night many times. Once we had a family gathering, two motorhomes and a caravan. Nice walks in the area. Service: toilets, latrine emptying, dustbins, several picnic furniture and for Free.

IMG_2549.JPG
IMG-20160712-WA0003.jpg
IMG_2550.JPG
Screenshot_20230709_134421_Maps-01.jpeg

I am currently in Sweden coming to the end of 3 months travel through Sweden , Finland and Norway. They are a wild campers dream and weather is generally fantastic (apart from some storm Hans that passed through). I have met/come across only one English family in this time. Parking is usually free , even in towns, and any payment is usually miniscule (eg. £1.00 for 24 hours). although there has been an increase in app payments lately. The lakes and sea lochs and pristine for swimming. Landscapes are amazing. I could go on! Why aren t more British tourists out here??

My perception would be poor weather but perhaps that's wrong. We have friends in Norway at the moment and they are enjoying travelling there.

I am currently in Sweden coming to the end of 3 months travel through Sweden , Finland and Norway. They are a wild campers dream and weather is generally fantastic (apart from some storm Hans that passed through). I have met/come across only one English family in this time. Parking is usually free , even in towns, and any payment is usually miniscule (eg. £1.00 for 24 hours). although there has been an increase in app payments lately. The lakes and sea lochs and pristine for swimming. Landscapes are amazing. I could go on! Why aren t more British tourists out here??
🤫

There is a big difference between different parts of Sweden. Most rain on the west coast where low pressure storms in from the British Isles! The eastern side of Sweden is drier, especially the islands, Öland and Gotland. To Öland there is a bridge to Gotland, a ferry is required.
Öland is my favorite travel destination. I have lived on the island for many years.

My perception would be poor weather but perhaps that's wrong. We have friends in Norway at the moment and they are enjoying travelling there.
I ve only had 2 weeks bad weather in the 3 months and that was some storm . Generally rain doesn t hang around for long. This has been my experience whenever I ve been here.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back