Boxer interior light

Mossystone

Can anyone tell me how to get at the bulbs in the original base vehicle cab light. It is a 2004 peugeot boxer. I have tried levering the plastic lens gently with a blade but it feels as if it will break before coming free. Is there a secret fixing? The hand book gives no clues.

well try from the side not the ends mine is the same it is a stupid fitting you cant turn it off when the doors are open and mine is a citreon relay

Interior Light

There are 3 positions on our interior light switch, nearside on all the time, center off, offside door switch,
Is a pig to remove the light but if you follow the manual instructions it's quite easy

Alf

well try from the side not the ends mine is the same it is a stupid fitting you cant turn it off when the doors are open and mine is a citreon relay

There are 3 positions on our interior light switch, nearside on all the time, center off, offside door switch,
Is a pig to remove the light but if you follow the manual instructions it's quite easy

Alf

Thanks for your interest. My unit has two switches. No problem with turning it off but still can't remove the plastic lens to get at the bulbs. Mine is a peugeot but no mention of how to get into the light in the owners handbook.
Do I just keep levering until something gives?

All the unit the lens etc plus the grey trim springs out on clips be careful you don't damage the grey trim this is easy chipped I do mine from the drivers side Is yours a large Rocker type switch there is 3 positions on the rocker

Alf

Thanks for your interest. My unit has two switches. No problem with turning it off but still can't remove the plastic lens to get at the bulbs. Mine is a peugeot but no mention of how to get into the light in the owners handbook.
Do I just keep levering until something gives?

boxer1003.jpg

Still can't make sense of the fitting. Have tried pulling the whole lamp fitting out but it seems to be very solidly fixed. Have broken the clip that locates the headlining around the lamp. My light has two switches and two lights inside the lens. I have tried to attach a copy of the handbook section. Hope it works.

Thanks again for all your interest.

Interior Light

Yes that's like mine you need to ease the side nearest the driver first with a heavy gauge flat tool.

As you have damaged yours now see if you can source one from a van scrapyard you will then see how they fix.

I was the same as you with our AutoSleeper and chipped the rounded trim but after that you remove them easy.

The switches have 3positions the center being off.

Alf

View attachment 24055

Still can't make sense of the fitting. Have tried pulling the whole lamp fitting out but it seems to be very solidly fixed. Have broken the clip that locates the headlining around the lamp. My light has two switches and two lights inside the lens. I have tried to attach a copy of the handbook section. Hope it works.

Thanks again for all your interest.

Thank you Alf

Had to put the van back in storage but will try next visit. Should I lever the plastic lens or the grey surround.
I don't think the clip I broke will be important, it should still be ok to use.
Thanks again for your help.

Interior Light

Behind they Grey half round trim it's all part of the light

I have a Snap On trim tool now a very small carpet fitters crow bar would be ideal I did like you first time but the chipped Grey trim annoyed me I looked at it each time I looked in the mirror so I got one from a scrap yard to replace it it was only £2
I hope this helps

Alf

Thank you Alf

Had to put the van back in storage but will try next visit. Should I lever the plastic lens or the grey surround.
I don't think the clip I broke will be important, it should still be ok to use.
Thanks again for your help.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back