Bosley Locks, Cheshire

Canalsman

One of my favourite places to stop is the POI at the top of Bosley Locks just south of Macclesfield.

I've just completed my first 'proper' YouTube video featuring the locks and a gentle walk suitable for all.

I hope you find it enjoyable and that it encourages you to spend a night here...

One of my favourite places to stop is the POI at the top of Bosley Locks just south of Macclesfield.

I've just completed my first 'proper' YouTube video featuring the locks and a gentle walk suitable for all.

I hope you find it enjoyable and that it encourages you to spend a night here...

Excellent short video, and your commentary was very informative and clear. Well done. I liked your video, and I now subscribe to your Chanel. Look forward to your next video, thanks.

Lovely video Chris, really enjoyed it and for the first time ever, I managed to leave a first comment. Keep them coming.
P.S. Mr Jones is a star in the making!

Excellent short video, and your commentary was very informative and clear. Well done. I liked your video, and I now subscribe to your Chanel. Look forward to your next video, thanks.
Thank you.

The filming was the easy bit. Editing is a hard craft to learn and it took a long time!

There will be other videos in the future but only when it's a place that's special. All are likely to commence at park ups!

Lovely video Chris, really enjoyed it and for the first time ever, I managed to leave a first comment. Keep them coming.
P.S. Mr Jones is a star in the making!
Well done!

He's a brilliant dog who makes friends very easily. By the canal is a happy place for us both...

Yes I enjoyed that video as well Chris, I like the easy going style of the voiceover and of course Mr Jones. And it's a waterway! Right up my street.

Subscribed.

Good little video, nice to see the lay-by isn’t on the main two apps because that could soon ruin it once the spoonfeds begin to turn up in droves.

Good little video, nice to see the lay-by isn’t on the main two apps because that could soon ruin it once the spoonfeds begin to turn up in droves.
It's a good spot to stop marred only by some drivers passing at silly speeds!

Best time to arrive and find a space is weekday afternoons. Some of the boaters live aboard and park overnight, and it's a popular spot with locals at the weekend.

Yes I enjoyed that video as well Chris, I like the easy going style of the voiceover and of course Mr Jones. And it's a waterway! Right up my street.

Subscribed.
Thanks Rob. I appreciate the critique.

As a canal enthusiast for about 60 years now I know the subject quite well!

Thanks Rob. I appreciate the critique.

As a canal enthusiast for about 60 years now I know the subject quite well!

Me too Chris.

I first got interested in waterways and boats when I was about 4 when my mum took me on a short cruise trip on the river Trent and I was fascinated by all the small cabin cruisers as well as the narrow boats.

It even lead me to do a project on the Grand Union Canal for my Geography CSE for which I got a grade 1.

For what I paid for waterways and boating magazines from an early age I reckon I could have bought a flybridge cruiser!

We have the Canals at Ellesmere and Chirk on our doorstep.
My freebie Camos satellite dome came out of a barge I did some work on at Ellesmere Marina.
I also inherited a cassette toilet from the same barge, but it was probably the most unhygienic thing I have ever encountered, amazing how disgusting these thing can get after a few exploding cassettes. Near impossible to clean in situ!

It required multiple mass pressure washing sessions to get all the Klingons out from the underside of the top!

Nice
I have navigated Bosley locks many times !

Lovely video of a Canal not too far from where we live in the Peak District. It makes me wish I’d developing some video skills during our 14 years on the French Canals, lots of photos and words, but they don’t really capture the (sometimes scary) dramas we encountered.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back