Boosters & Borders.

Dezi

We are both booked in to get our third jab, booster, this Friday.

A week ago my niece in Italy invited us over for chistmas. With the EU recognising the UKs double jab certification
throughout Europe from Nov 1st it looks like a good time to go.

Anything else I should be checking up on ???

Dezi

Is your EHIC card still in date for health care, if not you might want to get its replacement GHIC version, however our experience is that you will be lucky to get it before Christmas!!

Oh, and check your passport expiry dates ....

Eurotunnel sites lays out nice and easy with all you have to do to get to/back from France.

https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/travelling-with-us/latest/covid-19/

Beyond that I'd do a search for entry requirements for each country you are going to.

When I traveled back last week, French border control were pulling up the odd car at French/Belgium border. We didn't get pulled up so no idea what they wanted but pretty sure it was covid related. May be worth checking if you have to do another "Statement of Honour" entering France on way back.

My GHIC card came through in about 7 days, same with printed vaccine proof. So guess thats all down to luck.

Enjoy your trip.

You need to check the date your passport was issued. It may have an expiry date which is over 6 months but some carriers are looking at the date issued and taking the 10 years from that date.

A week ago my niece in Italy invited us over for chistmas. With the EU recognising the UKs double jab certification

Dezi
For info, ordered our new GHIC two days ago, and they have arrived in the post this morning, so maybe there is a lull in people requesting replacements at the moment so perhaps good time to arrange it (if you need to).

Dezi
Something to be aware of in future, the booster is not registering on the app at moment, hopefully this should be changed soon. Some countries are already mandating how long the vaccine is valid for, so boosters are likely to be needed for future travel.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back