Bolt on Bicycle racks

clf86ha

Hi, I did my first french trip last year and found on occasions, that bikes would have been handy to get me and my dogs to interesting places. I've found suitable bikes, so am now looking for advice/suggestions for competitively priced bike racks.

I have a towbar fitted, so am looking for a rack, that bolts on behind the ball to ensure it's totally stable.

Does anyone have any suggestions of makes and the model numbers to look at (or avoid)?

Hello,

I'd recommend the Thule ride on racks, they're worth the money! For stability more than anything else. It would depend on usage I guess, but for a long journey, something like the 9502 as a minimum...

Hi . Go onto fleabay we bought a new one this year about £30 (fold out arms) it's fine and does what it says on the can. Plate fits behind the ball so you can still tow. It's been round France

What about this £69-99 Ebay.

John.

Towbar Mounted 2 Cycle Tiltable Bike Rack Carrier With Lighting Board

I was thinking about getting one. I May make my own as I would like one that can be easily taken off. Some ferries charge a lot for bike racks and I don't think it's a issue to have bikes in the van whilst going on the ferry?

I use the Chunnel due to having dogs and have just price checked them and no difference in price when saying bikes added

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back