Bodywork damage on the MH and MOT

GMJ

If a MH (i.e. mine!!) has bodywork damage, will it be an automatic MOT fail?

Attachments

• IMG_5971.JPG
    IMG_5971.JPG
    406.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5973.JPG
    IMG_5973.JPG
    351.6 KB · Views: 60
Ouch! Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question but wouldn't it be best to get the repair done before the MOT?

Reactions: GMJ
It will be but it's just a question of the time for panels to arrive and fitting the work in between trips. I have some time to play with but was just wondering.

I would send those photos to whomever does your MOT and ask their advice.
But the primary function of an MOT is safety. I would have thought so long as all of your lights are working you should be ok. Possibly try using gaffer tape to attempt a temporary repair would suffice. The MOT garage could advise.

Wont look pretty, but white gaffa tape to cover any exposed edges, and make sure loose panels are secure will be fine.
Make sure the marker light still works.
The worst is you may get an advisory.
Would certainly fail as it is though.
Good luck

Post clashed with Wooie's!!

Jagged edges and loose bodywork are a fail, it'll need new panels so get a tub of Isopon and make it secure & it might pass, but maybe ask the MOT man first

Maybe a clever fibreglass moulder could do an almost invisible repair.
Replacement of panels etc Likely to be both costly and time consuming (to source the parts)}<⁹).
An over-diligent copper might take a dim view.
Some sort of quick fix needed ! Imo

I taped it up within an hour of it happening but just wanted to check the MOT thing just in case. I'll get ot sorted as soon as I can.

Attachments

• IMG_5978.JPG
    IMG_5978.JPG
    405.8 KB · Views: 34
That`ll be ok for the time being Graham and if you can`t get it sorted before the MOT is should pass like that.

The problem will be if you need new panels, there could be a wait for them to arrive.

• Thank You
Reactions: GMJ
Yes that is part of my worry Graham. It looks like it needs 3 new panels; 2 red glasses; and a repair to the rear wall.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back