Bocastle-kilmahog no more

The email I got was from 2001cale.
Soon after I contacted them, they removed them.
But I missed their email in my spam folder.
Should have read 2021 when the poi was removed.
I have now reinstated it.
I spoke to Gillian on the phone after she sent the email on post 11.
And I remember she seemed surprised that a barrier had been erected.
It seemed that someone had placed it within the redevelopment works, and the estate had not taken much notice of it, or given it too much thought.
I pointed out that the carpark had been used for years with no issues.
This new carpark is much larger than the old one with benches.
Anyway I only wish I had known about this good news at the time.

... and as you said it looks like it was an oversight on their part (as a result of not thinking it through properly?).

"It seemed that someone had placed it within the redevelopment works, and the estate had not taken much notice of it, or given it too much thought."

Well done, Bill! 🙏👌

Show all the naysayers out there that sometimes the long haul approach of acually making the effort to write to the perps can get positive results (y)
Actually Marie, two months after I contacted the owners the barriers were scheduled for removal, but I missed the email, and never knew, until I was in another site.
And for the past three years a poi available to us was removed from the pois until I replaced it on Saturday. I avoided the carpark myself assuming it still had a barrier for three years :(

Actually Marie, two months after I contacted the owners the barriers were scheduled for removal, but I missed the email, and never knew, until I was in another site.
And for the past three years a poi available to us was removed from the pois until I replaced it on Saturday. I avoided the carpark myself assuming it still had a barrier for three years :(

It's not the end of the world, Bill, and we all know it's there now, so no big problem (y)

... and as you said it looks like it was an oversight on their part (as a result of not thinking it through properly?).

"It seemed that someone had placed it within the redevelopment works, and the estate had not taken much notice of it, or given it too much thought."
Yes that simple,
It simply made no sense what happened.
I remember one night we headed for the carpark only finding due to the the redevelopment works it was closed. I said to my wife that’s great really great, looking forward to using the improved carpark, and we went to the smaller carpark across the road. Then when we went back after the works I was angered at what I saw a flaming barrier. Anyway common sense for a change did prevail.
It can be busy during the day with cars, but never full. At night we were normally alone, or with one other van, and most only remained one night. Nice walk roughly one mile into Callander along a disused railway path used by cyclists.

Hi,

In May 2021 I emailed you with regards to barriers which had been erected at your Bocastle carpark. I received a reply from Gillian, and after her reply and a telephone conversation, there seemed a possibility that these barriers would be removed. Sadly through missing an email I only found out that indeed the barriers had been removed soon after my email had been sent. I only found out three days ago.

I just wanted to thank you for removing the barriers.
Now that I know the barriers have been removed I look forward to visiting the carpark again, and enjoy walking into Callander or if feeling fit enough heading up a Ben Ledi.
I know you had a project in place for a viewing gallery at the falls of Lenny, I will also take a look there also.

Again many thanks for listening and acting promptly on this issue, many Motorhome owners who used this carpark responsibly over the years will be pleased at the removal of the barriers.

Regards

Bill.

It'll feel like spending the night with an old girlfriend. 😉

Hopefully thanking them doesn’t backfire…..
Is the place still looking tidy?

Hopefully thanking them doesn’t backfire…..
Is the place still looking tidy?
Yes it always did before the barriers went up.
Any mess I ever witnessed came from inconsiderate dog owners, or car drivers leaving rubbish. I can honestly say this site did not suffer from abuse by us in any way, and most stayed for one night only. The barriers were erected in error, they had not given this enough thought. This was the only carpark they had with barriers. They were erroneously included within a redevelopment scheme, hence their speedy removal. I spoke with Gillian on the phone, she was not even aware that barriers had been installed,
I doubt very much if thanking them for giving us access would create any issues for us, I would not have done so, if I thought that was possible.
I find being thankful for what people have done, tends to have the opposite affect.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back