BLAH, BLAH, BLOODY BLAH = BORING!!!!

Oops posted the wrong link - I actually posted the polar bear clip yesterday, it was still in my finger!!!🥸🤪😜🤪🙃

I knew it had been posted Ral and thought it may have been you but I couldn't find it again!

In fact, an article that ends on an extremely positive note.

Reactions: GMJ
£10 to overnight with no facilities is not going to work, it's just extra revenue for zero effort as far as they're concerned it's not earning money overnight so let's make it pay, if they were to charge the same rates as cars do during the day they would possibly get more use overnight.

Yes that will be a £1 Sidney.
carry on.jpg

You only pay council if it has dewing or building. Not open space. That's why they don't like farmers..

I think problem is the camp site owners that pay the councils a lot of money in chargers ,they are land owners and some could be councillors and have a lot clout with councils

That seems to be the case here, Baz.

"... local businesses say the proposals will harm Pembrokeshire.

Phil Davies, who owns Hungerford Farm Touring Caravan and Motorhome Park near Loveston, said one and two-night stays from motorhomes and campervans make up between 25 and 30 per cent of his annual turnover.

'Should the 18-month trial go ahead the drop in business will cause job losses within the industry as many businesses could not survive even a temporary drop in trade.' (he's talking about "his industry", i.e. official campsites)

"... We are lucky here in Pembrokeshire to have such a beautiful landscape.

“While that has increased pressure from motorhomes and campervans in places like Manorbier and Newgale, the Pembs Stop trial places the council in direct competition with businesses like Mr Davies’ in an already saturated market.” :unsure: 🤷‍♀️ ???

They only want camper vans if we pay to stay on existing official sites, but it sounds to me that a "saturated market" is code for "bookings are down". Which is what inevitably happens in a cost of living crisis. The rest of the report seems to suggest that this particular town is not actually struggling economically at all, so unless you pay to stay on existing campsites the local businesses don't want you turning up and parking anywhere in anything other than a normal car or coach.

Same old, same old, and on and on ad infinitum.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:156)

Back