Black Friday deals of interest to wild campers

Like many I have purchased items on Black Friday deals in the past. I heard on R4 this week that an organisation, (I missed who they were), monitored the prices of a huge range of products, for 6 months before Black Friday and 6 months after. They found that only 2% of items were lower on Black Friday than at any other time in that 12 month period. It's a scam.

Like many I have purchased items on Black Friday deals in the past. I heard on R4 this week that an organisation, (I missed who they were), monitored the prices of a huge range of products, for 6 months before Black Friday and 6 months after. They found that only 2% of items were lower on Black Friday than at any other time in that 12 month period. It's a scam.
It was the Which? Consumers Association that monitored prices. I am a member and it’s all in their report to members.

Which? though have pointed its members in the direction of what it sees as genuine good deals for what it considers are their best buys in their various product categories.

If you managed without it before b friday then why doy you think its a must buy, bit like xmas all a money racket.
Hopefully wild campers have a watch list and if they pick up something on their list at the best price they have seen all year good luck to them!

On the rational of managing without something not sure that Black Friday would be the trigger to suddenly feel the urge to manage with it. It is probably for most people more a case of replacing something that needs replacing.

How about putting the argument to those ladies who have to buy multiple handbags or pairs of shoes every time there is a sale?

You and I know it does not make any sense however I am not going to be the one to tell them. I’ll let you do it!:)

Must admit though I am slightly guilty of this as I seem to have a large collection of Nike trainers with some in mint condition. And even now if I see a Nike bargain I will add to the collection! :rolleyes:

If using Amazon, camelcamelcamel.com will show you historic pricing so you can check how much of a bargain it is.
Just tried camel x 3 site, but it can't show the price comparison in the UK according to this page! And when I looked at the Fire Max, it said £294.98 and Amazon says £174.98!

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
It was the Which? Consumers Association that monitored prices. I am a member and it’s all in their report to members.

Which? though have pointed its members in the direction of what it sees as genuine good deals for what it considers are their best buys in their various product categories.

Hopefully wild campers have a watch list and if they pick up something on their list at the best price they have seen all year good luck to them!

On the rational of managing without something not sure that Black Friday would be the trigger to suddenly feel the urge to manage with it. It is probably for most people more a case of replacing something that needs replacing.

How about putting the argument to those ladies who have to buy multiple handbags or pairs of shoes every time there is a sale?

You and I know it does not make any sense however I am not going to be the one to tell them. I’ll let you do it!:)

Must admit though I am slightly guilty of this as I seem to have a large collection of Nike trainers with some in mint condition. And even now if I see a Nike bargain I will add to the collection! :rolleyes:

My Sister in law has more shoes than Imelda Marcos ever had!

She even buys shoes that are completely the wrong size for her and will never be able to wear because she 'just has to have them'.

Son asked for new walking boots for Christmas. He liked some on Cotton Traders. I ordered them on friday when they were doing a Black Friday 24% off offer. They were despatched with Evri as the courier and I thought Oh No! I'll never get them, but they arrived on saturday. Very pleased with that saving.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back