bio tabs

prioryi

Hello,
I am thinking of using bio tablets in my camper toilet ,the toilet is a thetford bench type how many tablets would the tank need and do you still put the pink in the flush tank or plain water ?

We use two and put a small amount of water in and slosh it about this seems to increase the fragrance and clean the cassette into the bargain, However depending on the contents it does require emptying every day which we try to do anyway. Ours flushes from the main tank so no pink req'd.

We use the liquid stuff, one capful per cassette.
We also flush from the main tank with plain water so I presume you can get rid of the chemicals altogether & ditch the pink stuff too.

We have been using bio tabs in our cassette for a few years now. Just put two in with about a litre of water after you empty your cassette. It's a lot less hassle than using the blue liquid and does'nt stain like the blue if you accidentally spill it, just brush up the powder. Using tabs also means you can empty your cassette in pretty much any available toilet as there's nothing in there that you could not put down your loo at home. No nasty chemicals so no danger to septic tank sewage systems.

In the flush tank we just use plain water in summer and add a bit of the pink liquid in winter to use as a kind of anti-freeze, although up to now we have not needed to with the mild conditions we're currently getting here in the midlands.

we switched to using tabs last year - 2 at a time seems to work fine. Wouldnt use anything else now

Which ones do people use please I have done an Amazon search and they are not jumping out at me thanks andy

Which ones do people use please I have done an Amazon search and they are not jumping out at me thanks andy

We use Tesco's cheapest bio laundry tablets. Whichever brand you choose make they are the BIO ones and not the none bio ones. It's the biological part that breaks down the yucky solid stuff.

We have tried it and all I will say is it fookin stunk, that experiment was short lived.

We've never used anything but bio tabs in our cassette from day one. We find they break down the solids, they're cheaper than the blue or pink stuff and kinder to the environment. Unfortunately it's in the nature of p*ss and sh*t to stink a bit. We don't have unpleasant odours in the toilet/shower room but emptying the cassette isn't my favourite job. I wouldn't use a formaldehyde based product though just to avoid a whiff when emptying.

Pat

We only use the liquid from Aldi, as the tabs are overkill for a small cassette, you also have to get them to dissolve, the fluid is a quick splosh into the tank and a little flush, then the road movement mixes it up for you. No smell from the poo only a slight chemical smell from the bio liquid.

We have tried it and all I will say is it fookin stunk, that experiment was short lived.

Surely it's the stuff from your bum that stinks:lol-049: I use just one Aldi tablet and have never had any smells, even when left for several days.

Napisan

Been using a lovely mix of bio liquid sachets (can't seen to get tabs in Italy) and Napisan. Fizzes a bit, but no smells unless we've enjoyed a curry. And even then not sure the smells are actually from the cassette!

I've been using Aldi or Lidl bio tabs for the last three years (I'm full timing) and would NEVER go back to chemicals. I only empty the cassette when it's full.

I don't use pink fluid either, I just use water.

Adding water to the tabs is unnecessary IMO; this just helps fill it sooner. I find urine does the job just as well.

If smell is a problem, look to your diet - don't blame the tablets. ;)

You need to remember when cleaning the toilet not to use bleach based sprays as they tend to kill the Bio bugs in the cassette which will cause it to smell for a while until they start breeding again.

get yourself a SOG, job done. I still use a little bit of bio liquid but only to make it more easy to empty the cassette and keeps it clean.
And for breaking down solids, do you really believe the 2 days are enough for breaking down solids? I don't think so.

PS yes I know SOG is an overprized gadget and bla bla bla...... I wouldn't want to be without it. The other day we forgot to switch the 12V on in the hab (means the SOG isn't powered) and boy what a difference. Each to their own.

get yourself a SOG, job done. I still use a little bit of bio liquid but only to make it more easy to empty the cassette and keeps it clean.
And for breaking down solids, do you really believe the 2 days are enough for breaking down solids? I don't think so.

PS yes I know SOG is an overprized gadget and bla bla bla...... I wouldn't want to be without it. The other day we forgot to switch the 12V on in the hab (means the SOG isn't powered) and boy what a difference. Each to their own.

You need to change what you eat if SOLID is what you get, Soft and gentle is far better and that breaks down easily with bio and water being churned about by driving. Brown liquid goes down the drain .

Napisan works well
If you go to France look in the supermarkets, next to the liquid bleach are bleach tablets.These work very well.
The flush is topped up from the main tank,so nothing in there.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back