Bike, scooter or expensive pushbike to the eu

Motorbike in a garage turns the motorhome class into a "living van" classification , it then gets different insurance, speed limits and a different taxation class.....

Beware of large fines

Had me worried for a moment. But point 2 of the letter includes the word "In other words, a situation where the vehicle owner is not present when it crosses the EU border". It is not an issue for those of us taking our own bikes across (riding ; on rack; on trailer).

Anyone who has borrowed a bike could have a problem.

It's all to do with if we need a temporary export licence. Lots of horror stories at the moment, but no facts. Anyone who has had trouble I expect has upset someone first.
We set up temporary shops over seas and that presents even more problems possibly. So we are quietly watching what happens. I don't think anyone has had a ham sandwich or pork pie stolen for a while.

So no scare mongering children.

As above, this relates to 'transport' of items to EU and in commercial vehicles, this shouldn't be a problem for those with motorhomes, it might be a problem for those with 'stealth' vans.

As above, this relates to 'transport' of items to EU and in commercial vehicles, this shouldn't be a problem for those with motorhomes, it might be a problem for those with 'stealth' vans.
Don't think so. So long as the bike owner is present.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back