Big Un Wanted

big un

hi there. are you still looking for a truck ? i have a ready converted library truck which i full timed in for 2 years and would like to downsize. mine sold on ebay for 6200 but buyer failed to do deal (might give you idea of value). dont have much faith in ebay. my truck isnt advertised but just saw your thread and got me thinking. if you fancy meeting up, we could have a cuppa and a chat. i'm in bolton and noticed youre not far away.

I got a big un !!

I got me a bus now, (see attached piccy ) mainly to do the festivals but just got an offer I couldnt refuse in sunny southport so it might have to go. Would still be good to hook up and compare notes, im often in manchester and various points in between cos I'm also full timing.
I dont suppose you know how to wire leisure batteries in, me bus machanic has gone AWOL and im sick of draggin me genny out every five minutes.
Cheers
Wayne

Attachments

• ae17_1.JPG
    ae17_1.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 151
leisure

get all your 'camper' elecs onto your leisure batteries asap and if you can afford it, source a solar panel and regulator off ebay. full timin can punish starting bats and can leave you stranded (been there, got t- shirt) and like you say, genny isnt light or economical. just trace all feeds back to main bat. be sure to fuse all supplies and fitting a split charge is essential. no rocket science involved, just few basics. if youre playin with mains, get it right first time, it will cost you money and more important, IT KILLS !
pressume youre on 24v starting and 12v accessories.
i would invest in a small, cheap multi-meter and swot up at library or search net, theres tons of info out there for free, just need the time.
i dont often have much on my hands but i will awlays help if i can.

OOOHHHH I DARNT.
Ive been swotting up but it just gives me head ache, the bus mechanic was going to do it but hes gone AWOL 10 days ago, me power steering needs fixing too.
I got the spit charger and the wiring and the batteries, I just dont know what goes where.
I really want a solar panel too but I't have to wait till I can afford it.
The bus might be going soon anyways, I bought it mainly for the festivals but bookings didnt materialise this year, typical so im just layby hopping round southport, cant afford to go anywhere with the bloomin deisel.

Wayne, Hun you'll be like Priscilla in that it looks fab.

That was the Idea, doing sum more films on you tube, entertaining slebs etc. but its all gone a bit pete tong.
No festival bookings, no money to go far, bus constantly breaking down, and no one to help me film and edit stuff, think i might pack up me troubles take a job ive been offered in tenerife.

I got me a bus now, (see attached piccy ) mainly to do the festivals but just got an offer I couldnt refuse in sunny southport so it might have to go. Would still be good to hook up and compare notes, im often in manchester and various points in between cos I'm also full timing.
I dont suppose you know how to wire leisure batteries in, me bus machanic has gone AWOL and im sick of draggin me genny out every five minutes.
Cheers
Wayne

how do u manage to run that...:

how do u manage to run that...:

With great diffuculty Hillwalker, when I bought it said it did 20 mpg but its more like 15 if that, theres no air filter on at the mo though which im told helps, and theres sum sorta fuel injection problem, it struggles on long roads, you can hear the enging stopping, not much fun on a motorway. So the idea of a frugal way of living it aint, insurance is £1600 a year an all.
My trusty bus mechanic has gone AWOL so im now off to see someone else who hopefully will see a sympathetic cause.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back