big cheese meet

Wanderlust

Sorry we didn't say goodbye to anyone when we left on Friday morning, first thing me and Ruth wasn't getting on and we would of killed each other, secondly my tooth had broken and was infected, thirdly my sliding door fell off the runner and thankyou Charlie and his son for putting it back on, fourthly the pub lord had a go at us for having a glass of wine in the van after spending £40 in the bar, then told us we would have to move, hope you all had a great time
Paul

We did miss you both and all of us could kill each other at times :) so don't worry about it :) the landlord had a problem with the spot you where in something about cars getting around ! And no one dared drink or eat outside their vans once you had gone !!!
See you at the next bun fight ( Mike's term for our meets ) :D

Hope to see you at another meet soon where we can all sit around and eat and drink to our hearts content! :tongue:

Don't dwell on it, you won't be the first or the last to have landlord, van and each other problems just laugh it off until the next meet then it will be someone else's turn.

Ditto to all of the above!! We all do it and have our share off S**t times, brush it off dust yourselves down, look forward to meeting you both again soon...!! Hope the tooth feels better Paul....:p:p:p:p

flip side of the coin perhaps

I wasn't there so can't comment on the specifics of what happened re the landlord.

However having ran pubs and particularly if he is tied in with Enterprise Punch or similar. I suspect like landlords you drinking a glass of your own vino was not really the issue.

Perhaps a different slant worth considering going forwards when we stop at pubs.

The issue he has is more than likely tied to the whoever for the purchase of his drinks. It is not uncommon for landlords to be suspected of buying their own stock in . All bottles etc are marked at the breweries they can tell I assure you. They have you sussed with brew lines for the pumps......The internal fine is expensive like £500 and a kangaroo court to boot.

I had a pub in Gomersal and the sneaky buggers even checked my bins !!! we had a kids playground and it wasnt uncommon for folk to bring their own with little ones. Whilst i would turf them out i also understood the reasons £1.50 for a kids fruit shoot and you can buy 4 for a quid at the supermarket.

A good friend of mine ran the Toby Jug at Liversedge, and he was fined for a barrel in the cellar ......the barrel had come from the brewery as it happens, and had been inadvertently found its way on punchs stock £500 fine !!! ...to say livid was an understatement.

I dont know the pub so could be freehouse, but the majority aren't.. So if you visit a pub given what I have shared show a little common sense keeping bottles out the way and perhaps taking bottles away with you

I would rather deal with the hitler youth , than most breweries

Channa

The landlord doesn't object to us drinking in our vans but he does object to us drinking outside them.
This is often the problem with free pub meets.
He told me off last year although it wasn't me drinking (the joys of being an organiser).
A girl was eating McDonalds in his beer garden and he ripped into her, when he looked across by our vans our gang was having a party and not drinking his booze.
I told him we were all supporting the pub but would not be buying all our food and drinks from him. He calmed down and said.it looked bad in full view of the pub.
I suppose he has a point.
Although he said you would need move in the morning it was only 10mtrs.

I wasn't there so can't comment on the specifics of what happened re the landlord.

However having ran pubs and particularly if he is tied in with Enterprise Punch or similar. I suspect like landlords you drinking a glass of your own vino was not really the issue.

Perhaps a different slant worth considering going forwards when we stop at pubs.

The issue he has is more than likely tied to the whoever for the purchase of his drinks. It is not uncommon for landlords to be suspected of buying their own stock in . All bottles etc are marked at the breweries they can tell I assure you. They have you sussed with brew lines for the pumps......The internal fine is expensive like £500 and a kangaroo court to boot.

I had a pub in Gomersal and the sneaky buggers even checked my bins !!! we had a kids playground and it wasnt uncommon for folk to bring their own with little ones. Whilst i would turf them out i also understood the reasons £1.50 for a kids fruit shoot and you can buy 4 for a quid at the supermarket.

A good friend of mine ran the Toby Jug at Liversedge, and he was fined for a barrel in the cellar ......the barrel had come from the brewery as it happens, and had been inadvertently found its way on punchs stock £500 fine !!! ...to say livid was an understatement.

I dont know the pub so could be freehouse, but the majority aren't.. So if you visit a pub given what I have shared show a little common sense keeping bottles out the way and perhaps taking bottles away with you

I would rather deal with the hitler youth , than most breweries

Channa
They (in my case punch) have eased off quite a bit in my experience . I did have lots of bother in the past partly because I had return trays on my handpumps , totally f***ed up their readings . I also cleaned my lines on average every 4-5 days . When I was told their flowmeters could differentiate between ale , water , linecleaner or a mixture of the above l told them to f**k off . They never bothered me again

If you were drinking in the garden after spending £40 in the pub and left first thing just wondered who drove the van away?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back