Bicycle insurance for full timers

Kezzageo

Hi All,

We want to get bicycle insurance for our bikes that are over £1k each, they are on the bike rack & are very securely fastened, but we don't seem to be able to find anyone that will insure them.

Also is there an insurance for your contents in a motorhome? We have Kindles & laptops etc that get left in the motorhome when we go out, they are not covered by our motor insurance.

Thanks

Yep

Probably not, also unless you have paid for full time insurance on your motorhome that is probably not insured either !
Lots use family members adresses but the insurance companies are getting wise to this and do check on google earth for parking space and the electoral roll .
Paying for insurance is very different to actually being covered as the day a claim is made you could actually receive a cheque back for your premium saying that you were never insured.
I am sure someone will have better news for you

I pay a small fortune (£1000 circa) as I was 100% honest about our usage etc
Happy to do that as I do not want the "Sorry not covered" from my insurers

Protect your bubble are who we use for phones cameras and laptops. It covers 365 days travel.
We have just bought two new E bikes worth over £3K but have not been able to find any full-time insurance for them. James did some research on the best advice is to invest in heavy duty locks. Fortunately we have a large garage, so when not in use they are out of sight.
Do you let us know if you manage to find full-time bike insurance

I think full timing insurance is nearer 3k !

My last quote for true full timing cover with Comfort including full breakdown cover for a 1992 4600kg van was £1400. Driver age 73. unlimited mileage. 180 days in any one country. 100% peace of mind. We were also registered to vote as Travelling so no fudging the issue.

My last quote for true full timing cover with Comfort including full breakdown cover for a 1992 4600kg van was £1400. Driver age 73. unlimited mileage. 180 days in any one country. 100% peace of mind.

thanks for mentioning the company name, another to add to my list! :)

We were also registered to vote as Travelling so no fudging the issue.

How did you organise that? did you have to talk to someone in your council?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back