Beware loch lubnaig parking

flying kipper

We have just been along loch lubnaig today and over 20 cars had parking tickets on for parking on the grass verges.just warning people that might not be in the motorhomes.we are but carried on and at Crianlaric .Strathyre had a festival on so we could not stay there

Past up that way a couple of weeks back and noticed a couple of nice pub set ups In and around Crianlarich. I’ve never seen them advertised anywhere but looked decent. That new by pass on the A82 side has killed the passing trade so I think they are trying everything to drum up business.

Past up that way a couple of weeks back and noticed a couple of nice pub set ups In and around Crianlarich. I’ve never seen them advertised anywhere but looked decent. That new by pass on the A82 side has killed the passing trade so I think they are trying everything to drum up business.
We parked overnight on the car park opposite the rod&reel pub and visited the hotel up the road for a pint .seven vans on the park overnight

We parked overnight on the car park opposite the rod&reel pub and visited the hotel up the road for a pint .seven vans on the park overnight
Is that the piece of ground where a large garage once stood on the right heading north? You used to get a great steak pie in the rod n reel until someone bought it over and decided to "fix it" the started using frozen ingredients.

Is that the piece of ground where a large garage once stood on the right heading north? You used to get a great steak pie in the rod n reel until someone bought it over and decided to "fix it" the started using frozen ingredients.
Not sure what was on the car park before.fantastic walks from here along the river but the midys are about.£5 voluntary overnight charge which I have put in the box.handy for train station to even leave the van for the day

Not sure what was on the car park before.fantastic walks from here along the river but the midys are about.£5 voluntary overnight charge which I have put in the box.handy for train station to even leave the van for the day

There's Gold in that thar river!

Do you mean the Green Welly Sam?

If so, has it gone now? We've stayed there many times.

The green welly is just 15 miles further up at Tyndrum Rob but it’s in the same neck of the woods. It’s still there as of last week

Do you mean the Green Welly Sam?

If so, has it gone now? We've stayed there many times.
As Wully said further doon the road just before you can turn off for Glasgow there was a railway bridge there or just after it, didnt know the green welly had gone either.

As Wully said further doon the road just before you can turn off for Glasgow there was a railway bridge there or just after it, didnt know the green welly had gone either.

Yeah I just had a look on Streetview Sam.

Somehow I've never been in the Rod 'n Reel.

The green welly is just 15 miles further up at Tyndrum Rob but it’s in the same neck of the woods. It’s still there as of last week

Of course it is Wully!

I'm getting old you know!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back