Best way to stop the Black Streaks

OI.. longneck... the above works... i use it too :D :p

only other solution is to paint yer van black...:cool:

regards :rolleyes:
aj

Do you have any tips for removal of white streaks on the black painted parts of my truck? :D

I find using Autoglym engine degreaser removes the difficult streaks no bother, as to preventing them, that another story that I have been looking to solve for ages.:)

I do motorhome detailing and valeting, I can tell you that car polish especially Autoglym attracts the dirt that creates black streaks. The best way to stop them is to clean the roof and all jointing strips thoroughly. Then if you have the energy clay the whole vehicle. This gives the dirt less to grip onto and reduces black streaks massively.

To remove them use Autoglym motorhome cleaner or a claybar.

I do motorhome detailing and valeting, I can tell you that car polish especially Autoglym attracts the dirt that creates black streaks. The best way to stop them is to clean the roof and all jointing strips thoroughly. Then if you have the energy clay the whole vehicle. This gives the dirt less to grip onto and reduces black streaks massively.

To remove them use Autoglym motorhome cleaner or a claybar.

Interesting comments Jezport, A lot of people probably dont have a clue re this detailing business, and what claybars are etc....It seems like a sport to some folk :eek:

Have a look at the linky, suppliers of top range cleaning products.

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk

Channa

( btw click the competition page you may find some interesting work)

Last edited by a moderator:
then once you have clayed your van bake it in the oven for 45 mins and it will be ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and what for ,,,,,,,,,,,I don't now

Only joking :D:D:D explain CLAY your van ???????????????????????????????

A claybar is made from a fine smooth clay. There are different grades available, the finest is suitable for general use by someone who has not used it before, The corser grades are only to be used if you know what you are doing as they can scar paintwork if used incorectly. Some clays need a special lubricant others can be lubricated with water and car shampoo.

To use the clay you neet to warm a good lump up to hand temperature you do this by warming with the hands and in warm lubricant. You then simply wet the paintwork with lube and gently glide it over the area. If you look ath the surface of the clay you will see all the contaminants that you have removed from the paint/Grp surface stuck into the clay. You then fold the dirty area away revealing a new surface and continue.

The clay slices off any stuck on surface contaminants leaving the surface glass like clean.

It is also great on windscreens and makes the wipers run smoothly.

I would recommend Bilt Hamber soft clay for first time users as it wont damage anything and can be lubricated with water.

i used to have the black lines on my van but i have found out if you keep the van roof clean then you dont seem to get them

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back