Best way to sell our Motorhome?

Clunegapyears

With the new rule of only being able to keep a vehicle in Europe for 6 months, we will need to sell our beloved Adria Sonic Supreme. We won't be motorhome less though, as we will buy one in Greece, and have the right to roam as up to now (Greek residency). We can't import it as the C1 truck licence over here requires a written test and our Greek aint up to it.

So ... the motorhome is currently completely empty at a motorhome repair / storage place in Andover in the South. We are in Greece! What suggestions and recommendations do you good folk have for us selling it remotely? Ebay?

Many thanks
Katherine

With the new rule of only being able to keep a vehicle in Europe for 6 months, we will need to sell our beloved Adria Sonic Supreme. We won't be motorhome less though, as we will buy one in Greece, and have the right to roam as up to now (Greek residency). We can't import it as the C1 truck licence over here requires a written test and our Greek aint up to it.

So ... the motorhome is currently completely empty at a motorhome repair / storage place in Andover in the South. We are in Greece! What suggestions and recommendations do you good folk have for us selling it remotely? Ebay?

Many thanks
Katherine
Be aware that when you discuss with a potential buyer that you are in Greece for many that will set off 'scam alert' alarm bells ringing. It would make me nervous, although in your case it is legit it might be problematic

Be aware that when you discuss with a potential buyer that you are in Greece for many that will set off 'scam alert' alarm bells ringing. It would make me nervous, although in your case it is legit it might be problematic
That’s a good point. Thank you.

Great shame as it is a lovely van :( If only I knew before I bought a motorhome a couple of months ago!

come springtime, demand should be massive so it should be pretty quick to find a buyer I am sure.

Thats crap as I know how much you liked your big van. It’s a nice top end van and with the way things are with high demand and a shortage of high end younger year vans I think trying a few dealers you may be surprised they are paying premium for decent stock and you don’t have the tire kickers and dreamers to deal with and a they have a lot more secure payment but stay clear of those ones who will offer too sell it for you for a percentage Ive heard nothing good about that type of selling. I wouldn’t worry too much that van will sell itself to first serious buyer. All the best hope it all works out.

We sold our last van on Gumtree. Broke my heart as he was going to park it in Spain for 6 months with "Oh I don't use the shower & loo,. I use the site ones." :cry:
But at least he bought it.(y)

Hi Katherine - big change from setting up a base in Devon to becoming Greek, but totally understandable given how the new restrictions impact your on-the-road lifestyle. How easy was it to get Greek residency?

I understand that many manufacturers have already sold what is coming off their 2021 production lines. Therefore there should be a good market for quality used vans like yours, which could improve what a dealer will pay you as there is strong demand from customers. As others have said selling through a dealer will be less hassle, maybe the one you bought the van from.

Best wishes, hope it all goes smoothly.

We would have exported it to Greece even though its right hand drive, BUT the over 3.5ton is a real no no here.
Can you trade in the Adria here on a LHD 3.5 van to take to Greece selling it other than thru a dealer will be a lot of hassle

Sell to a dealer..
1 Other options difficult and might well incur extra expenses
(such as flights and accommodation in UK)
2 Danger of false promises and non payment
3 Timescale

Just take the one off hit to have the freedom to buy your replacement with good bargaining power.
Also all the othe benefits of continuing your travelling

as i suggest take the hit and "trade it off"against all the advantages you are gaining

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back