best tv recorder..

byron

we may be going to portugal for a couple of months..so what i want to know is what is the best/cheapest way to record tv in uk to take away with us..something like 500gb..we allready have a humax pvr but its only 150gb..also could i use up to date amazon firestick out there ,will be if possible using it with huewi mifi..
many thanks people..

we may be going to portugal for a couple of months..so what i want to know is what is the best/cheapest way to record tv in uk to take away with us..something like 500gb..we allready have a humax pvr but its only 150gb..also could i use up to date amazon firestick out there ,will be if possible using it with huewi mifi..
many thanks people..

"If" your Humax has a USB port, I would have thought it would allow the
transferring of the recorded content on the Humax 150Gb HDD to
an external +500Gb HDD drive, then transferring back to the Humax,
as and when. The manual for the recorder may have a recommendation.
A cheap used HDD could do, may need formatting. Or you could do much the same
transferring to a laptop with spare HDD capacity and take that with you
as well as the Humax.

Likely to be very slow transferring hundreds of Gbs back and forth!

Firestick

Firestick first edition working fine here in Benidorm....err...using certain add-ons obviously...Maja

My Humax is 200Gb and if you record on 'standard' as opposed to high definition that would be good for about 300 hours (about half that on hi def)
I know that you can get them with bigger disks - like 2Tb* and I would imagine that that would hold enough TV for any one!

Mine has a USB and I have yet to find a way of downloading from it to anything - its input only!

I can copy the stuff (its a slow process) because the 'box' and my PC are linked and I can view a file in the box on the PC and from there copy it (in real time) there may be a way of just copying the file to the PC but I cant find it!

*Humax 4000T 2Tb disk space and can record 4 channels at once the blurb says 1200 hours capacity but that might be in high definition so on standard you can double that and some £279 direct from Humax

DMR-HWT130EB 250 hours of hi def recording £170

came across that one whilst looking for the 'cheapie' I bought for my M/h it was about £100 ran on 12v but didnt do hi def (do you need it on the size of screen you use in a m/h?) and could only record one channel at a time but I cant find it.

We carted it around the country side with us for two years rarely used it and finally gave it away to the MiL

I've recorded from TV USB on a reasonably large capacity USB stick say 32Gb/64Gb,
then copied to laptop HDD and then on to redundant formatted HDDs. Format
the stick when the copying is over and repeat and repeat.... The HDD
was connected to the computer with el cheapo eBay £3 USB connector, just
requires 2 USB ports on laptop, one for power the other for the data.
Well the OP did ask for something cheap!

We download from Netflix onto the laptop. My son has membership which we use. Also download BBC iPlayer but that only lasts a short while. Otherwise we download onto a 1tb hard drive and use the TV as a second screen via HDMI cable. If you have internet, Netflix is easily accessible in Portugal but eats data! If NOS has a good signal ( not here!) Their unlimited SIM for 15 days @15euros works well as you can watch streamed Netflix ( or similar) and also download more to watch later.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back