best starter battery

If its a stop start then Bosch/varta silver power frame , they have doubled in price over the last year because lots with campers are buying.

I would have a serious look at this new battery from Alpha - https://www.alpha-batteries.co.uk/019-jenox-gold-premium-car-battery/
Priced at £110 and has a 6 year warranty, which shows (IMO) a good belief of the batterys quality (you don't give a lomg warranty if you think it is likely to fail.
If I got 6 years out a starter battery, I would be pretty happy, and if I got less, could get it sorted by Alpha.

Bosch silver frame are good but too pricey.

I have 10 years out of cheap starter and the same less batts which are old school vented top up wet cells, cost £40 each, i have 3 in total.

Yes me many moons back when exide brought out the first all sing and dance sealed units, bought one for my ford engined jago jeep, as you all know ford engines were almost impossable to start first thing on a cold morning, well the battery lasted about 4 weeks and died, back to the supply agent in belfast
and after a lot of hastle and tested by them it was exchanged for a new unit, it lasted a bit longer but the strain of trying to start a x flow ford finnished it of next winter.

Has anyone had a successful claim on a battery?
Yes just recently from alpha
Whilst we were in Spain last month our leisure battery pack up, I managed to buy another whilst in Spain.
When I got home I took the leisure battery back to alpha, they tested it and found it to be faulty.
But they only do replacement, but as I had already bought a new battery in Spain, I didn’t need another battery so rather than end up with another leisure battery I paid them the difference and got a new starter battery, as the one in the motorhome is date stamped 2013 although the vehicle is 2015, so I will change it so hopefully I will be ok for a while now that both batteries are new

Yes just recently from alpha
Whilst we were in Spain last month our leisure battery pack up, I managed to buy another whilst in Spain.
When I got home I took the leisure battery back to alpha, they tested it and found it to be faulty.
But they only do replacement, but as I had already bought a new battery in Spain, I didn’t need another battery so rather than end up with another leisure battery I paid them the difference and got a new starter battery, as the one in the motorhome is date stamped 2013 although the vehicle is 2015, so I will change it so hopefully I will be ok for a while now that both batteries are new
Cant have enuff batteries can one, you could always CELL one.

Thanks everybody, plenty to chose from there eh? Too many really. Thought Wildebus might have or know of a special offer on but seems not or he would have said, I suppose

Thanks everybody, plenty to chose from there eh? Too many really. Thought Wildebus might have or know of a special offer on but seems not or he would have said, I suppose
The one I linked to minus your club discount is a good deal IMO. If/When I need a new Starter Battery for my 2008 Ducato it is what I will be buying almost certainly .

I would have suggested a Nordstar 100Ah battery which I have bought previously (from Alpha) which was very good but now not stocked (I think these Polish Jenox ones have replaced them? slightly more money but longer warranty, which suggests even higher quality).

If you buy from Halfords, apparently they replace with proof of purchase within the warranty period. But they tend to be expensive.

Alpha Batteries will with reasonable proof of a problem replace willingly. Not had new starter battery problems, but I have direct experience of them replacing batteries to try and resolve issues, even if it possibly isn't a battery problem. (excellent Customer Service, which combined with the prices is why I tend to not consider other sellers for many years now).

Plus one for the Jennox Gold that David linked to.
Stop start and smart alternator tech leads to your cab battery often sitting at less than fully charged, with standard lead acid it's this that leads to an early death but these latest batteries use carbon tech to help with this, they are actually listed as a lead carbon battery.
I've mentioned this before but if you were the sort of camper that didn't hammer their leisure battery depth of discharge wise but wasn't 100% on the ball WRT keeping them topped up then it'd probably make a decent leisure battery too.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back