Best club

Yes that’s because you booked only two days before. I had booked in February prior to this supplement being applied. What annoyed me is they claim to be making a loss from EHU due to the cost of leccy. Well I offered not to use it for a reduced price and they would not agree. Also most of their sites have no or few non EHU pitches unlike the CCC who have them on all of their sites. No other sites applied this levy. If they are charging a levy it should be clearly shown on the receipt not hidden out of view. Yes Galveston itself was lovely and the local pub excellent And I noted they do stop overs when inside for a coffee.
It's called Price Gouging and ought to be made illegal.

Yes that’s because you booked only two days before. I had booked in February prior to this supplement being applied. What annoyed me is they claim to be making a loss from EHU due to the cost of leccy. Well I offered not to use it for a reduced price and they would not agree. Also most of their sites have no or few non EHU pitches unlike the CCC who have them on all of their sites. No other sites applied this levy. If they are charging a levy it should be clearly shown on the receipt not hidden out of view. Yes Galveston itself was lovely and the local pub excellent And I noted they do stop overs when inside for a coffee.
Fair comment Fisherman. EHU should be optional but I suspect that, until this year, it was probably profitable to load the pitch fee for EHU , especially in the summer months. They are still focused on caravans and those who use their mohos in a caravan style ie would never dream of going 'wild'. Nothing wrong with that, of course, if that's what you want.
We use CAMC if they have a site or CL in a place we want to be, Garlieston, for example, not just because it's CAMC.

I think unless you are actually going to stay on any sites I'd save your money, we have 100% wild camped since 2006 with no problems getting water or emptying the loo, I would happily pay a reasonable fee to make use of campsite facilities though if some sort of scheme was available.

I'm sure a couple of years ago I saw a list of sites which allowed none residents to use them but I don't recall where that was.
I think you might be right, I shall have to do the calculation vis-a-vis the insurance etc. I looked into the CCC but the charge was "From £45" but I could not find a definitive answer for the actual charge to ME. I never found a Cl that we liked or had space for us when we wanted to stop. I do not drive around looking for places to stop I get out my OSMAND+ tablet and drive electronically while my wife makes a cuppa. Usually works a treat and has virtually no cost in fuel or anything else. Harry

Money to burn? Not really. I've been a member of C&CC so long I am now a veteran member so it only costs me £20 something a year - less than 50p a week. CaMC is only another quid a week on top. I bet I get more back in discounts than it costs plus it means that wherever I go I can find a cheap site easily.

CaMC does annoy me with their insistence on only having EHU pitches and you pay for it whether you use it or not. I wrote to them about it and they insisted "it's what our members want" and also say there are some non-ehu pitches available on some of their sites - I don't know where. That's the reason I now have a few electrical items for cooking and a couple of fan heaters on board at all times - if the EHU lead is plugged in I don't turn the gas on at all.

I am a member of both C&CC CMC but I like choice a lot of wilding intermixed with campsites for emptying/filling up.
We are currently touring the Wild Atlantic Way in Ireland. Wild camp 2 nights and site 3rd night for showers, empty cassette, water etc. Works well. Do you have the site parking for free? We are using it here and had some fantastic stops. There is also Brit Stop - pubs which let you stay in their car park as long as you have a couple drinks or a meal. You may have heard of these?

Money to burn? Not really. I've been a member of C&CC so long I am now a veteran member so it only costs me £20 something a year - less than 50p a week. CaMC is only another quid a week on top. I bet I get more back in discounts than it costs plus it means that wherever I go I can find a cheap site easily.

CaMC does annoy me with their insistence on only having EHU pitches and you pay for it whether you use it or not. I wrote to them about it and they insisted "it's what our members want" and also say there are some non-ehu pitches available on some of their sites - I don't know where. That's the reason I now have a few electrical items for cooking and a couple of fan heaters on board at all times - if the EHU lead is plugged in I don't turn the gas on at all.
CaMC membership did, admittedly, get me a good discount off my last bike but I would expect to negotiate a similar discount myself so they saved me the job. Hardly ever use the brit stop pubs, though we do have occasional meals out. Roadsides in quiet spots where plenty wide enough which I usually litter pick and laybys or wide verges, always taking care not to block anyone's view or not leave room for easy passage by emergency services. Just considerate parking and almost always free of charge. I could go on.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back