Best all round tyres anyone?

Big Chief

Free Member
My Autotrail Chieftain eats front tyres and I wondered if anyone has had good results with brands other than Continentals or Michelin?

Get the tracking and alignment checked by someone who knows what they are doing. If it's correct to the book. It might need adjusting away from those numbers to improve it's geometry. I used to know a racing car designer and builder who could just look at tyres and adjust accordingly.

Get the tracking and alignment checked by someone who knows what they are doing. If it's correct to the book. It might need adjusting away from those numbers to improve it's geometry. I used to know a racing car designer and builder who could just look at tyres and adjust accordingly.
Wheel alignment is fine, the tyres wear very evenly, it's the sheer amount of work they have to do lugging around 4.5 tons and steering too.

Tyres that wear fast give the best grip as softer, hard tyres don't give good braking or cornering, esp when its cold weather, my last set did not even get to ten thu, 5 thu is normal for me on tyres.

Don't think there's a bad tyre out there. If you do decide which brand to buy, take a look on the "Asda tyres ", web site. I got a great deal.

Wow! only 5 thou, That makes the 20 thou I got out of my michelins good value, happy I went with them again, they had the best of the figures they show, and only a couple of quid more than the cheaper ones, So that is Michelin Agilis3 for me. £261 for a pair from Kwikfit on line.

Don't think there's a bad tyre out there. If you do decide which brand to buy, take a look on the "Asda tyres ", web site. I got a great deal.

I thought you was taking the pizz "Asda Tyres". but there is a good choice at reasonable prices.

I thought you was taking the pizz "Asda Tyres". but there is a good choice at reasonable prices.
I thought the same as you. Decided to give them a go. Next day service, well would have been had the tyre fitters been open on a Saturday, so ordered Friday, fitted Monday, at a dealer of my choice, from a list they supplied, a couple of miles away. Job done, I need to return to have the torque's on the wheel nuts checked soon. More than happy with what I paid, and the service I received. The cost was even cheaper than Costco, and Kwikfit by a country mile.
I do attempt humour sometimes.But never where money is concerned.

Not the cheapest, but very convenient, I had 4 tyres fitted by Hometyre this Monday. Great service I thought and could carry on working instead of hanging around.
Tracking was out, front tyres gobbled up in last 3000/4000 miles. Got 55000 miles out of them, which is not considered high for BF Goodrich AT's, although I have a feeling the AT2's don't last as long as the original AT's.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back