Berchtesgaden motorhome parking?

GMJ

We are planning on visiting the Eagles Nest during our trip to Germany later this year so I wanted to ask if anyone had parked near to where the buses for the Eagles Nest leave from? I am aware that it can only be reached by bus (or hiking!) so we'll need somewhere to park nearby.

Thanks

i drove up the hiking path in my smart car a few years ago the germans looked on open mouthed lol

When we visited we parked at this stelleplatz at Berchtesgaden Oberau, Weißensteiner Weg 41 83471 Berchtesgaden Bavaria, DEU then drove to the bus station.

• Thank You
Reactions: GMJ
Some years ago we stayed at a nearby Acci campsite with a free bus to Eagles nest. Will try to remember name !

• Thank You
We are planning on visiting the Eagles Nest during our trip to Germany later this year so I wanted to ask if anyone had parked near to where the buses for the Eagles Nest leave from? I am aware that it can only be reached by bus (or hiking!) so we'll need somewhere to park nearby.

Thanks
Hi, we were there 2018 and from what I remember there is ample parking at the bottom of the area where you get the bus.
Arrive early because it gets very busy.

In fact we got the bus up to the top level where you get the lift up to the Eagles Nest itself, but the queues to come back down were horrendous so we walked it back down .
If you get good weather the views up there are fantastic !!

That'd be good, thanks.
Pretty sure it was camping platz winkl-landthal , but it was back in 2015. Their website seems to to indicate free bus travel still which worked for us .Also went to Salzburg on the train which is a beautiful small city. Wife also liked the workers in Lederhosen at the snapps factory in Birchesdgarden ! Hope that helps.

• Thank You
That is thank you very much.

I'd spotted that in the ACSI book but great to have a review from you though. Presumably you got the train in Berchtesgaden itself? We were going to stay for 2 nights but it says 3 night minimum which is no bother as we could visit Salzburg on the extra day

I cant see anything about a free bus though? Could you possibly post a link to it for me?

Mmm not good at I T stuff but I am sure I read it on their website , train to Salzeburg is subsidised don't recall it being expensive. Maybe email them , I had problems paying a deposit to book in 2015 and have a few emails from them in good English. Very pretty place if I remember correctly.

• Thank You
About 5 years ago we parked in the overflow car park about 1km past where the buses run. There were several other vans parked up and we had a quiet night.

• Thank You
About 5 years ago we parked in the overflow car park about 1km past where the buses run. There were several other vans parked up and we had a quiet night.
Update, according to WEBSITE BLOCKED BY ADMIN they don't allow you to stop overnight anymore!! Always some jobsworth poking their nose in where its not wanted!

Bloody Berchtesgaden
Got a job there about 1970 , sacked after 10 minutes!
I hadn't done anything. Maybe that was the problem ?

That is thank you very much.

I'd spotted that in the ACSI book but great to have a review from you though. Presumably you got the train in Berchtesgaden itself? We were going to stay for 2 nights but it says 3 night minimum which is no bother as we could visit Salzburg on the extra day

I cant see anything about a free bus though? Could you possibly post a link to it for me?
Yes we are sure we got the train from bertchesgaden to Salzburg. Another interesting place was Hitler's bunker in bertchesgarden itself.

• Thank You
We parked in the car park where the bus operates from but when the bus reached the top of the hill, there were motorhomes and cars parked up there. I suppose it's luck of the draw if there is room to park. If you are there early in the day, it might be worth driving up. The guides say the road is difficult but it isn't. If a large bus can do it..........The bus was a few Euros each but it still annoyed me to find motorhomes parked at the top free of charge with nice views.

• Thank You
We parked in the car park where the bus operates from but when the bus reached the top of the hill, there were motorhomes and cars parked up there. I suppose it's luck of the draw if there is room to park. If you are there early in the day, it might be worth driving up. The guides say the road is difficult but it isn't. If a large bus can do it..........The bus was a few Euros each but it still annoyed me to find motorhomes parked at the top free of charge with nice views.
When we were there only buses were allowed up the road that took you to the access point for the lift, maybe thats changed but there
is no room for any motorhomes where the bus drops you off. Are you sure there were motorhomes parked at the very top!

They were parked just before the turning area for the buses on the left hand side of the road.

My understanding is that currently the only ways to get to the brass elevator are either hiking or by taking the bus as that is the only vehicle allowed up to the lift area. There is parking at the place where the bus starts out from, which I believe motorhomers have mentioned and some have parked in.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back