bbq

we prefer to cook outside and have a fixed gas point which uses the same bottles as the interior of the van.
also we also carry 2 campingaz 907 cylinders with regulator and use them outside untill they run out then we exchange the campingaz cylinders in spain as it is much cheaper if it runs out here we wait till we go to spain again to get new ones

BBQs

Can I say yes I love them and have tried a few over they years.

There are in my opinion many downsides, size and weight (unless you have a garage/false floor), messy charcoal which then send out smoke (I was going to relate this to generator fumes - but we've argued that point to death:rolleyes:, hopefully). I have one of those little camping stoves that takes a small gas bottle on its side. But by the time I've got it out, found somewhere level to site it or got a table to put it on I start thinking like my dad. I've got a perfectly good gas cooker/oven and grill in the van. The downside for me in the van is on the three hot days of the year when it makes the van even hotter and the smells that you might not want to have lingering in your van. Perhaps the real answer is just eat salads on the hot days.:cool:

Jon

Can I say yes I love them and have tried a few over they years.

There are in my opinion many downsides, size and weight (unless you have a garage/false floor), messy charcoal which then send out smoke (I was going to relate this to generator fumes - but we've argued that point to death:rolleyes:, hopefully). I have one of those little camping stoves that takes a small gas bottle on its side. But by the time I've got it out, found somewhere level to site it or got a table to put it on I start thinking like my dad. I've got a perfectly good gas cooker/oven and grill in the van. The downside for me in the van is on the three hot days of the year when it makes the van even hotter and the smells that you might not want to have lingering in your van. Perhaps the real answer is just eat salads on the hot days.:cool:

Jon

Hi Jon, hope you are well so hello to Pam and dogs:D

Yes the set up can be a bind but you can make it part of social seen drinking, cooking,drinking. The type I would use is gas no charcole then you would have no ash mess:D yes and the van can have lingering
smells, another down side is I would be cooking ( only joking to bride):D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back